Omega Remote Start

jddmj

Anybody have any luck out of the Omega Remote Start Kits? I ordered one for my wife's car that supposed to be plug and play for the application. The model number is OL-RS-GM10. You use the OEM remotes, and only have to splice in 3 wires. For the price, its hard to beat. I know this kit will not fit our trucks, but thought someone might have some experience with them.

According to Omega's website it wont, but feel free to give it a try. If it works, I may order one for my 06.

Weird that is where I found that it would work. I'll shoot them an email and see.....

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I did email them and I was going to post the response here but the junk folder got the best of it and deleted their response. From what I remember they said they don't have a plug n play for our year trucks. Instead would have to do a more conventional install which I assume means cutting and splicing wires. I am not down with that idea so no remote start for me I guess. I need to email again to clarify but have not had time....

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Ok so I did email them and I was going to post the response here but the junk folder got the best of it and deleted their response. From what I remember they said they don't have a plug n play for our year trucks. Instead would have to do a more conventional install which I assume means cutting and splicing wires. I am not down with that idea so no remote start for me I guess. I need to email again to clarify but have not had time....

Yeah, that is the research I had gathered as well. I am waiting for a nice day before I tackle the car again. It sure would be nice during these cold mornings though.

Yeah, that is the research I had gathered as well. I am waiting for a nice day before I tackle the car again. It sure would be nice during these cold mornings though.

I hear ya. But I will not cut up my wire harness. Not gonna do it....