2005 silverado SS

Dragon D

Im not sure if I want to go with short headers or long headers, I would prefer long but the way I see them, looks like i will need to cut off the catalytic converters, which i don't really want to do. what do you guys recommend on this topic?

Welcome to the site.

The general knowledge round here says that shorty headers aren't any improvement over OEM.

There are lots of options that will let you keep the Cat's and go with LT headers. A good number of LT header companies sekl high flow Cats. You can also have a custom fabricator plumb your existing Cats into a knew header back system.

Welcome to the site.

The general knowledge round here says that shorty headers aren't any improvement over OEM.

There are lots of options that will let you keep the Cat's and go with LT headers. A good number of LT header companies sekl high flow Cats. You can also have a custom fabricator plumb your existing Cats into a knew header back system.

Don't waste your hard earned money on shorty headers. Get the long tubes, and deal with the Cats.

ARH LT with high flow cats will bolt onto your stock exhaust connections but there not cheap

What he said. I am running the 1 and 7/8" with high flow cats and I love them. Shorty headers are a waste of money. You should plan on a re tune afterwards as well to gain their full potential.

Just did headers and exhaust on my 05. did a ton of research and ended up doing dynamaxxx 1 7/8 LTs into Borla Hi Flo Cats 3" into Borla Muffs single in single out duals in front of passenger side tire.

Got a deal on the Borla components wasn't really about the brand. Cheaper than a Corsa Sport. Sounds cool little different than most.

If i could do it over i woulda went dumped with a dual in dual or single out muff.

Cant tell you on gains cause i did a lot of stuff at once. heads, cam, 160 stat etc…

tune is a must. wish i had a sound chip but I'm still working on her. pics and clips to come.

Good Luck with your build!! keep us posted.

I am currently in the market for LT's with high flow cats, seen many good things on here about the dynatech Lt's and high flow cats. Autoanything.com is offering a 20% off right now on them once you put the promo code in, my total came to just under 1,300 shipped which is not bad i think.