04 clone/hybrid rebadge as ZR71

Ktownsitdown

Build direction:

End result: twin turbo 427" rs next block 4l80e custom oldschool truck arms with jack plates rear suspension, coil over torsion bar delete front suspension.

Build will consist of 4 to 5 stages due to factors such as wife, work and lack of patience ( dont want her off the road for a long time)

Completed work:

3" drop arms, axle flip with add a leaf to adjust ride height

20x9.5 2014 option rims, 275 55 20 rubber

Work currently in progress:

I have aquired a 02 escalade for donor. My truck came from Idaho and has a good amount of rot on frame ( and body ) so instead of pulling all the wanted goodies from slade I am dropping truck body on escalade frame.

This brings me to a couple of questions I would enjoy comment on.

1) how to get in touch with zippy? I need some tuning done.

2) I want to retain ac from my truck, since its 04 the ac speaks to pcm can bus 02 escalade doesnt communicate in same manner. I also want to keep most of the bells/whistles from escalade such as heated eltric seats, stabilitrac ( recalibrated and repurposed - more on that in a moment) follding mirrors, trip/milage computer, radio, steering wheel functions, sunroof controller (repurposed) and probably more.

My question here is what is best way to integrate 02 bcm with 04 pcm.

By dropping body on escalade frame it frees my truck frame up for a full nuts and bolts rehash, complete rust removal, powder coated and refreshed, customized running gear/ suspension. 427/4l80e

Thanks for any input in advance.

71e1f7793da28ab01566aaaaad39cabb.jpg

160658709283619c3f8566d35b0c0315.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have aquired a 02 escalade for donor. My truck came from Idaho and has a good amount of rot on frame ( and body ) so instead of pulling all the wanted goodies from slade I am dropping truck body on escalade frame.

Like you would set your cab on the escalade frame while you build the short box frame? Or you want the pickup body on the escalade frame as a running driving vehicle?

Not sure on #1, but #2 you'd pretty much have to use all the escalade stuff to make any of that stuff work. If it was an 03 you could mix and match, but everything '02 down is incompatible electrical-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Like you would set your cab on the escalade frame while you build the short box frame? Or you want the pickup body on the escalade frame as a running driving vehicle?

Not sure on #1, but #2 you'd pretty much have to use all the escalade stuff to make any of that stuff work. If it was an 03 you could mix and match, but everything '02 down is incompatible electrical-wise.

Yes, I am going to install the pickup body on escalsde frame. The cab forward is a simple bolt on, the bed mounts are going to require a bit of modification.

Ive determined that im completely gutting the cab and using 100% of the escalade wiring and the ac components under and in the dash.

I will have to delete several circuits as they arent needed on the z71.

Trying to work through the possibilities of using the rear two window buttons for a lift for the tonnue and tailgate.

While workingvthe bed out im going to replace bedsides with rear steer bedsides to increase the available room for rubber and getting rear wheels widened 2 inches.

At present I have bed and front clip removed and working on removing dash and the rest of interior from z71. Will be swapping bodies over in about two weeks.

Im studying stabilitrac now to see the posdible performance benifits, cant find any good threads. Does anyone have a link to a build that may help? Im sure there can be some use for the ability to hit a button and change settings......will see

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The pick up frame is flat, and the esky frame is not. You'd have to cut the whole floor of the bed out to get the box to sit over the frame. Also the esky is 116" wheel base and your p/u is 119". Not trying to be a negative nancy, but I think for what you have planned, you'd be better off sending the escalade down the road, and working with what you've got in the truck.