What was first year for the passenger airbag sensor?

EXGM

Anyone know of the top of their head? I'm guessing around 04 or 05.... So if anyone with that vintage would let me know? I specifically want to know if the airbag status is on your mirror. I'm working on something but can't say just yet..... ?

Oh ok thanks. I'll run to the wrecking yard and see what I can find then. Your must be a late 04. I was looking at pictures online and saw lots of 04s for sale that had the dash switch so I assumed that the mirror was different.

I want to buy a mirror to disassemble. I want to try and combine the guts of a new mirror with the back up camera built into the mirror. Will see if I can do it.......

I think mid/late 04 was the change over for half tons. I was digging in an 06 HD ext cab yesterday and it still had the dash switch.

Might be something to do with it being a HD and having the single stage SRS instead of the half tons having dual stage... just a guess lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...