New Silverado SS for 2017 ???

shopman1

I doubt it.... the "sport truck" segment seems to be ignored by everyone right now. You could build your own... get the package with body color bumpers.... throw in some rims... lower and add a loud exhaust and you'd have a modern SS. LOL.

Not even a loud exhaust! The factory SS muffler appears to be the same as any other Silverado of the era...that sucker is pretty quiet!

Richard

Believe it or not it had a "tuned" exhaust that was a little louder than a stocker 5.3. Not much but a little..... That was in the days before all these cool duel mode exhaust like GM vehicles have now.

Believe it or not it had a "tuned" exhaust that was a little louder than a stocker 5.3. Not much but a little..... That was in the days before all these cool duel mode exhaust like GM vehicles have now.

I swear it sounds almost exactly like my old work truck, a 2009 3500HD with the LY6 6.0!

Richard

I wouldn't believe that article... it is showing a '15 front end. They could have at least updated with a '16 truck. I still have some friends over at the General. I'll ask but I'm telling you everyone has walked away from the sport truck market. There are not as many urban cowboys as there used to be.... lol.

Seems like most of the vehicle market is indulged in fuel econony and making vehicles that take the "driving" out of driving. Cars that parallel park themselves, brake when you aren't paying attention enough to do it yourself, seats that vibrate because you're veering out of your lane, the list goes on and on unfortunately.

Seems like most of the vehicle market is indulged in fuel econony and making vehicles that take the "driving" out of driving. Cars that parallel park themselves, brake when you aren't paying attention enough to do it yourself, seats that vibrate because you're veering out of your lane, the list goes on and on unfortunately.

To bad they don't shock your but when you text!

Just preparing us for our future when all our movements around town are fully controlled due to self-driving cars that we don't own, paid for with digital currency we can't hold!

Richard