Collector Value

kellyvb

I have a 2004 SS with only 375 original miles. It is fully loaded and been garaged its entire life. Is this a vehicle worth retaining as a collector piece or are they only valuable to the SS fans?

I think the latter. You might find someone that HAS to have one but even low miles ones go for mid 20s. Probably not why you wanted to hear. If it was special or had a famous owner it might add some value. At the end of the day it's just a used pickup. Guys with lots of money will go buy the newest toy with all the bells and whistles. The other problem you have is no bank will finance a truck that old even with low miles. So your gonna have to find that unicorn cash buyer.

Damn, 375 is what, driving from the dealer home with it?! What color did you get, I know black and red seem to be the most common/popular colors, but arrival blue sure does look sexy! I hear mixed opinions on the silver birch trucks, 05 or 06, But I know many of them only came with a power seat, very under optioned, but damn when that silver birch shines, omg!

sais arrival blue in his profile. being that its an 04 also means its got all the bells and whistles. i think the only option for 04 was sat radio iirc.

to the right buyer that would be worth a nice price tag. keep it in the garage for a while and in 20 years it would probably be a collector item. as of right now its just a pristine undriven rare pickup. there have been low mileage trucks selling for in the low 30s.

whats the interior like? is it still wrapped up in the protective plastic?

Were the silver trucks the ones that you would see more often with the cloth seats? Dunno; the silver one I just got is fully optioned up just like my Intimidator, both trucks the same and neither with sunroof.

Richard

I've seen many that were optioned out, but then I've also seen many with nothing better than traction control beside the air vent. I have been looking for a silver birch foreeever, but the ones I've found have spotty records and or no options. I had seen one in Cali for over $20k with 80 or 90k, but the title history showed it had been stolen and recovered not too long before being put up for sale... which leads me to believe the title is not actually so "clean and clear."

Were the silver trucks the ones that you would see more often with the cloth seats? Dunno; the silver one I just got is fully optioned up just like my Intimidator, both trucks the same and neither with sunroof.

Richard

The 05,06,07 could be ordered either way. I don't have exact numbers but I have seen a few with Cloth in all colors.

Obviously My personal preference would be loaded. I know some theft recoveries have been put back with cloth as good leather is hard to come by.

The 05,06,07 could be ordered either way. I don't have exact numbers but I have seen a few with Cloth in all colors.

Obviously My personal preference would be loaded. I know some theft recoveries have been put back with cloth as good leather is hard to come by.

Speaking of theft recoveries... I saw one posted in Cali for sale, well the title history report says that it was stolen and recovered the same day about a month or two before being posted for sale. Wouldn't that put a mark in the title, rebuilt, reconstructed or even salvage in worst case? Doesnt appear to be missing anything or show any damage from theft.

Branded titles happen when insurance gets involved. If there's a loss and insurance does not cover it, there won't be any record on the title. So say the vehicle is uninsured, or only has liability. Wreck (where the other party is not at fault, so their insurance doesn't pay you off), flood, theft, etc. vehicle will still have a "clean" title.

Richard

My understanding is there is other ways to still Wash a title. If you research the title and it shows its been wrecked or salvaged prior but it has been through other states or had a lien sale, Walk away!!!

I have seen salvaged vehicles registered through lien sale in other states and come back with a clean title.