Nos???

Blue_SS

hey guys im wanting to put about a 100 or 150 shot of nitrous on my 03 SS, my mods as of now are Gibson headers, flowmatsers, diablo programmer, vlonat cold air kit with ram air, mass air flow sensor, spark plug wires!!

I have no idea what nitrous to get or anything, i dont wanna ruin my engine but i would like to have some goods in case i need them!! i say i want a 100 or 150 but what would yall reccommend? i will nto be useing this alot so if that has anything to do with the choice let me know!!! i just mainly race with friends around town and mainly wouldnt have to use nitrous but i want something i can supirse somebody with if needed!!! i thought i would try the cheaper route with nitorus instead of a supercharger which is alot more expensive? would i have to change plugs or anything if i installed nitrous!!! one more thing i live in missouri is there any place that yall reccomend to install nitrous?

Welcome to the site. You should try doing a couple of searches to see what various members who use nitrous are running... :thumbs:

There are a few install posts that could answer most of your questions.

It is best to use colder plugs for n2o. I'd be careful with your current combination of mods - the Diablo plus an aftermarket MAF could have your spark advanced pretty far. Too much advance with n2o can spell BOOM. :uhoh:

A basic n2o kit is pretty easy to install - 4 to 8 hours depending on how many accessories with your kit and how pretty you want it to look. Some manufacturers offer more complete install kits - others require a bit more DIY capability. Expect to spend at least $500 for a new bare-bones kit. $700-800 will get you a nice setup with extras.

good luck with your searching and choosing a kit.

:cheers:

Archived