Simple console lid issue

someotherguy

When I open my console, the liner (the rubbery plastic mat insert) often falls off the lid. Has anybody else dealt with this and what did you use that successfully stuck? Asking as I don't want to goop a bunch of misc stuff on there and have it not work, and I think body molding tape would be too thick and cause a gap.

Thanks!

Richard

Learn something every day. I had never heard of this use for tape before I made a search for thin dbl sided tape.

I was pretty sure that I had seen thin dbl sided before, just had to do a search to confirm it.

It might not last as long as trim tape would, but your application should be relatively low stress on the tape. It would be a cheap experiment.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Strong-Double-Sided-Lingerie/dp/B0027V0BI6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1478221689&sr=8-5&keywords=double+sided+tape+for+clothes

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

LOL...the "customers who bought this also bought..." selections at the bottom are good for a chuckle!

Yeah; there's probably some thinner double sided tape I could use, as long as it stuck reasonably well. That insert is pretty loose on my console for whatever reason so it flops out easily, and it's got a little bit of weight to it, so whatever tape I choose would have to be pretty sticky.

Richard

Because a new one is $70(!!) and mine is fine otherwise. I did just buy a nice used one for the other truck, like $20 shipped, because that one has a chunk where it looks like super glue got spilled on top of it.

Richard

Ouch $70 bucks...