BMW M3 - 1st kill!

mec1469

Hi again guys. Well, I have some times on my truck through a G-Tech Pro RR. Best 0-60 was 6.56 and best quarter mile was 15.02 @92. Those times are with a completely full tank of gas and a pair of 220+ walruses (me and my buddy) in the truck. I'm certainly impressed by the times that everyone else are putting up in the Strip section. I had heard that the "Texas Truck" should be faster than the SS due to the lack of AWD but I'm not seeing it. It could be due to the 3.73 rear gears or it could be that I'm doing something wrong. By the way, when I raced the M3, it was at about a 1/4 tank I believe. Another thing, my buddy has a 5.9 Jeep AWD that is only 2 tenths slower then me right now. He has a Mopar intake, redone computer (I don't know by who), electric fans, CAI and a couple of other things that I don't remember right now. This is without headers and he's running those times (on the G-Tech as well). He's putting the headers on today and our other Dodge friend says that he'll smoke me after that. Our other friend is claiming mid 14's. My buddy does think that his Jeep is about a 1000lbs lighter than me so that's helping him of course. These guys are my best friends so this is just a fun competition between us but I don't want to be beat by a F-in Jeep for crying out loud!!! My mods are listed above. If anyone has some advice, it would be appreciated.

11/22/2004. Ok well I did another G-Tech run this time with only one walrus and a couple of gallons of gas. 0-60 in 6.1 seconds and quarter mile in 14.55 seconds. I can't believe how much of a difference the gas and one less walrus makes on your times. I'm fairly happy with that time but I noticed that the truck slowed down as it got warmer so I ordered a 160 thermostat from Tbyrne today. That should help a little bit.

Archived