A long shot, but has anybody seen this 2004 Silverado SS (black)?

vtodd82

I bought a 2004 black SS in late-2003 at Courtesy Chevy in San Diego. I traded it in sometime mid-to-late 2005 at a dealership in northern IL to get a GTO (should have kept the SS). The SS somehow was purchased or auctioned off and ended up back in California (Los Angeles). I found this out because the new owner came onto this forum (silveradoss.com) and was asking questions about the mods on it (that I had installed) and was showing pictures of it. We PM'd back and forth a few times and I wished him luck. His user name was Erwin8r, and he is not active anymore.

I found Erwin8r on another forum - a motorcycle forum - and sometime in around 2010 he posted that he sold the truck for a larger F-series truck...so the trail goes dead there (and I don't have the VIN...). I cannot find Erwin8r active on any forum and I have already PM'd him on here hoping he would get an email notification.

So, I had a 2004 SS that I dearly miss (I bought the truck right after a deployment to the middle east and ended up staging the proposal to my now wife of 12 years in it) and I want locate it and purchase it if ever available. I have no VIN (I purged all old record 3 years ago, foolishly thinking I wouldn't need any of my old car info) and really no other way of finding it other than searching the internet for that model that looks the same.

Here is a picture - you can see that it had some distinguishing marks (ram hood and stripes). I believe Erwin8r removed the bed cover and the nerf bars and put regular headlights/tail lamps on) (all good decisions!). I would not be surprised if the hockey stripes are not longer on the truck, given the time and other owner tastes.

Thanks for any help if anybody knows this SSS!

niceshot.jpg

Good luck man. The only advice I can offer would be call the insurance company that you had it insured with during your ownership. They might still have record of the VIN number. Or possibly even the bank it was financed through could look it up using your s.s. number and the VIN might be linked to your account.

You don't have any service records, old DMV paperwork.... nothing?

Another option might be to call dealer you purchased at. If you ever took it in for warranty or maintenance it should still be in the their in house system. They should be able to look up your name and pull and VINs on your account. Only way it might not would be if a previous owner took it there they would reassign VIN to new customer.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I located the VIN by asking the bank.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can find it up for sale someday.

Nice!

If you have access to carfax you could run vin and see where it is registered.

Lol, we're gonna find this thing.

Yes, I got the carfax ran. It is still in the LA area. It was sold to a 3rd owner just in October of 2016....just missed that window of opportunity. It has 190k miles on it now and it was reported stolen by the 2nd owner (and recovered). Seems like it has had an interesting life.