Temp Gauge

UNA_06SS

Hi guys how's it going. I picked up my 2006 ISS a couple of months ago and notice the Temp Gauge goes up to about half way up when warm. Now, when it reaches the point to cool it goes a little bit over half way and you can hear the fans on and it takes it a little while to cool down. It doesn't over heat, just wondering if that is normal? Thanks for your help.

Hi guys how's it going. I picked up my 2006 ISS a couple of months ago and notice the Temp Gauge goes up to about half way up when warm. Now, when it reaches the point to cool it goes a little bit over half way and you can hear the fans on and it takes it a little while to cool down. It doesn't over heat, just wondering if that is normal? Thanks for your help.

I have a 13 ccsb silverado and in the summertime my coolant temp always looks like that. Just make sure it never goes further than that, and check out the coolant, If its got some miles on it, you may want to flush it so you know its a proper mix not all water.

I would also recommend changing the thermostat. It is cheap insurance if you don't have any maintenance history. I did mine right after I got my truck 2 years ago. Even though it only had 48k I replaced every hose when I did the coolant and thermostat. It was almost 10 years old and I figured was time to replace the hoses. I also had a slight leak I could smell coolant which I found was one of my hoses had a tiny leak.