Weight comparison of rims?

hey i have stock rims and i was wondering what the weight comparison is switching to chrome 20s or even goin to chrome 22s, i know weight is a big factor in racing and was wondering the performance decline??? Also one more question about tire size, i would like to get a lil smaller tire were i wont have soo much tire showing looks kinda big on the 20 rim, but i dont wanna go to low profile so what would be the next step down?

generally larger rims mean more weight unless you are paying the big bucks for lightweight rims. And yes..more unsprung weight effects the handling and more rolling weight effects performance.

There are tire size calulators that allow you to see what size wheel/tire combo you need to "upsize" or "downsize". Take a look at tires.com, or the tirerack, ntb, or some others.

The large rim you go the more weight you get, I actually think a stock 16 rim will perform better than the 20s that come with SS but for looks go 22s. The chrome will definately add weight and hinder your performance but if you like the bling bling its worth it. Our trucks run a 275 55 R20 you could try going to a 50 it will help a bit and still not hurt your pockets too much, but anytime you want lower profile its so expensive.

Archived