so ill be an ss in the next few days

Xero

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well i have a paint gun and a compressor, but i dunno anything about painting it myself

last time i did i didnt know you were suposta thin out the mixture. thats why i stick to spray paint, i fuked up a $80 paintgun cause i thought i knew what i was doin.

by the way, what are pirrors?  :D

:uhoh:

it is not really that hard... if you have a competent paint shop, either dupont or PPG, they can give you mixing sheets, and some basic instuction. On the ppg pain i used on my vette, the mixing instructions come with the paint. :seeya:

no kiddin? im gunna go ivest some dough in it than, well see how it works out.

and as for the cover, i couldnt figure out how to put it on. than i took off the bumper, used double sided tape and the bumper came off. so i bought more double sided tape with the same result. now i have "groliia glue" on there and its sitting right where i want it. all i have to do is shave off a little piece of the bottom so it dosetn look like crap. tomrorow i should be done with the prep work, and thinking about painting it myself. i got a quote of 250 bucks to get it painted. went to dns and they quoted me 425.09 installed and painted. if things go right i may paint it myself. only thing im worried about is the clear.

nick

no kiddin? im gunna go ivest some dough in it than, well see how it works out.

and as for the cover, i couldnt figure out how to put it on. than i took off the bumper, used double sided tape and the bumper came off. so i bought more double sided tape with the same result. now i have "groliia glue" on there and its sitting right where i want it. all i have to do is shave off a little piece of the bottom so it dosetn look like crap. tomrorow i should be done with the prep work, and thinking about painting it myself. i got a quote of 250 bucks to get it painted. went to dns and they quoted me 425.09 installed and painted. if things go right i may paint it myself. only thing im worried about is the clear.

nick

Just take your time, and you should be alright, patience, and not geting in a hurry goes a long way when painting.. Keep you workl area clean too, this is anopther big problem. I dunno how you would put that on other than glue or tape, maybee some brackets.. it is a cover, not a bumper guys... :uhoh:

Archived