Cam shopping......Again

I'm sure lingenfelter has their reasons for designing that cam.  I think they approach those cams like GM would - drivability and emissions being big parts.  Many of lingenfelters clients buy a package and expect it to drive like stock, give them no problems, and pass all emissions.

slim - You going to retard your cam?

I have to agree. I like my cams with a little more 'character' and with a 120+ LSA you just gotta wonder... Then again, if it makes the power, then that's what counts. Get hard numbers using your setup.

Mr. P. :)

Go for it on the heads, Eric. Just don't put them on this motor, IMO. Get them built for a stroker setup. All you have to do is decide whether or not that stroker will be NA, or FI.

I think high flowing heads will help your current setup, just don't let it drive what you get them built to. Think of the future more. A little lower CR (if you could get more boost out of that thing - I was at 10.3 before my heads, 9.8 after) and a lot of help in the exhaust side would help you a lot right now. The lower CR gave me the ability for a few degrees higher timing in some areas. Get them and put them on, just make sure all you need to do to them is done and good for a stroker setup, if that's the way you go.

Oh yeah, third cam? Sound like me :P Remember, 3rd time was a charm for me.

One more thing - got a pkg coming your way this week. It finally arrived in my driveway. I think I have your address????

Archived