Ebay/Paypal w/ CC?

m396 #00-011

I bought something off Ebay last week.

I used CC by Paypal to make the transaction to the individual.

Nothing is wrong yet, but I'm curious.

His Ebay status changes to "Not registered" after the auction.

I have his phone # and e-mail that seems to work. I have his address, but who knows about it. He is to do the shipping on Wed, I paid today.

If something starts to stink, what avenues do I have?

As you can tell, I'm not an avid ebayer.

well what you could do is just sit back and wait for a tracking number...i have never had a problem with ebay...but i know there are a lot of scammers out there. you just have to look at the reviews the person has received...that is the only real way to tell if someone is legit...

i imagine that you will be fine though...i wouldn't worry bout it until there is something to worry about...

well what you could do is just sit back and wait for a tracking number...i have never had a problem with ebay...but i know there are a lot of scammers out there. you just have to look at the reviews the person has received...that is the only real way to tell if someone is legit...

i imagine that you will be fine though...i wouldn't worry bout it until there is something to worry about...

I created the tracking #'s, and e-mailed him the UPS slips, so the shipping is paid for. The hitch is, hoping the #'s start to track Wed evening.

I'm just a little skeptical. He had only a few feedbacks, with one negative. But, I only have 3 feedbacks too.

Hopefully, I'm worring over nothing.

yea , if something starts to go wrong you can file a complaint and they will look in to it and give you credit if necessary.

I had to do it once and had my money back within a couple of days.

The good thing for you is since you used your CC you can go through paypal or you can dispute it with your CC too .

I bought something off Ebay last week.

I used CC by Paypal to make the transaction to the individual.

Nothing is wrong yet, but I'm curious.

His Ebay status changes to "Not registered" after the auction.

I have his phone # and e-mail that seems to work.  I have his address, but who knows about it.  He is to do the shipping on Wed, I paid today. 

If something starts to stink, what avenues do I have?

As you can tell, I'm not an avid ebayer.

So you know for other times....

You *can* complain to Ebay, I think the time frame is 30 days from auction's end, which is useless in most cases and Ebay usually just points you to "Square Trade".

Also useless.

If you purchase anything of higher value it's best to keep ALL your correspondence with the seller, just in case.

Paypal will ask you to first contact your credit card company for a refund, failing to get a refund from the CC company Paypal will become involved.

I had just such an episode, Paypal directed me to my CC company, and much to my surprise they refunded me my full purchase price, my shipping charges in full, AND they reimbursed me for interest from the time of the purchase until I received my refund.

DOCUMENTATION is what is needed for any reimbursements, from Paypal, Ebay, or a CC company.

If the seller doesn't leave good feedback after receiving your payment it's not usually a good sign- some wait until YOU leave feedback, and if you leave negative they return the favour.

;)

Archived