NEED HELP QUICK

SSAlaska

i hope you got those horrible bosch 4 's out and stock plugs back in

what actually happens is the platnuim 4's actually foul due

to a weak spark being spread over the 4 poles and begin to foul out .

it is enough to cause small misfires that the crank sensor pickups and turns the check engine light on,

but even with this problem they will not cuase probelms to the injectors

just cannot happen .

the tune just made the foul problem worse due to increased fuel in the mapping.

so get the fuel leak fixed and get rid of the plugs they have been the cause of many problems and lights

Diggler, The plugs are history. I put the factory plugs back in. Stock plugs are iridium, So now I kinda feel like a dumb ass. :uhoh: Did I down grade? Well, She is still at the dealership, The parts they ordered should be in tomarrow. :dunno: Right now I feel very confident in the new dealership I had her towed to. :thumbs: My service manager is a retired Air Force Master Sergeant, I am in the Air Force. :flag: The only reason I mention this is because the tow truck company left the wrong info with the dealer ship. So my service manager saw my Department of Defense sticker on my window, Called the base directory and tracked me down at work. :thumbs: I was surprised when he called my work and called me by my name and rank, I never gave them my work number. Lithia Chevrolet in Anchorage is the way to go. :thumbs:

Stock plugs are platinum, not iridium.  Iridium plugs will cost you $6-$10 each.

Bosch +4s work pretty good in my Honda :P

Stock plugs are AC delco irdium plugs, its something like 41-395 I think.

Well then, '04 plugs must be different than '03.

Mine are AC Delco 41-974, or at least what the manual calls for.

Well I spoke to my service manager today, Bad news :shakehead: . He said they have the fuel leak fixed. Now its miss firing on number 7. :dunno: Never had a problem with the #7. He said they checked everything the plugs, wires, coils, and everything is good. From what I understand the code is coming up at idle, No load. On monday they are going to call the tech line, For instructions. I am worried that this truck is going to give me problems in the future. :shakehead:

• 2 weeks later...

My truck is having random misfire codes, They have done all kinds of tests, replaced injectors, and replaced plugs. In addition the did a injector surge test, Compression test, Fuel Pressure test, And the engine is not misfiring. :dunno: They are telling me they belive its a false code. And it could be my MAF sensor fouled by oil from the Volant filter thats the latest from the dealer. :banghead: My service manager suggested that I clean the MAF with brake cleaner. And if that doesnt work, Remove the POS Volant intake system, And bring it back.

Oh and the P2135 code I was throwing was Throttle Position Sensor, It was caused by the F#$CKING Velocity Stack in my throttle body. It was jamming up the thing in there, I dunno what it called. The dealer replaced the TB for free.

Does anyone have any idea's on what is causing the misfires? Oh yeah and it only happens at idle. Is it safe to put brake cleaner on my MAF? And can I remove it from the truck? I would rather not have brake cleaner flying around under my hood while I am cleaning it.

Well I spoke to my service manager today, Bad news :shakehead: .  He said they have the fuel leak fixed. Now its miss firing on number 7. :dunno:  Never had a problem with the #7. He said they checked everything the plugs, wires, coils, and everything is good. From what I understand the code is coming up at idle, No load. On monday they are going to call the tech line, For instructions. I am worried that this truck is going to give me problems in the future. :shakehead:

do you guys in alaska have lemon law if so keep all service records and file paper work so you can get your money back all of it trust me it works on my second truck ;) look under lemonlaw.com

Archived