Site has officially died

SSmoothSilSS

I just recently joined as a result of officially entering the SSS owner's community last Halloween and in order communicate herein. However, I must admit, I've used this site for research for several years. Due to the FMV of the decent SSS's remaining out there currently rising and that they're past the bottom of their depreciation curve, I believe this site is far from "dead".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still here as well.  Check in about once a month and made use of the classifieds to sell my OEM intake kit to a brother in Houston last year.  Too bad the SS is a dying breed; I only see them occasionally here in East Texas.  Mine just turned 95K and still going strong although the exterior black trim and weather stripping is showing age.  Wish I had known to keep the rubber treated more consistently.  The wiper arms need repainting but still, all in all, the truck looks good and I still get the comments when I pull in somewhere.

• Like 1

this site is nothing like it used to be.   hell this is my first post in over 4 years.  I still drop in to read occasionally, but I can stop once a month and read all the new threads in 5 min.   still have my SS sitting in the garage 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 6:50 AM, Rays B4U said:

Clay, even though I sold Miss March 2009, I still check in here every so often. Good to see you're still here too!

Good to hear from you Ray, mine are running good, I have the shortbox for sale. alot of guys want it but no money in hand yet. My clear coat has started to peel, parked outside all the time. I will try to  get a re-paint this year. Clay

On 1/28/2020 at 1:45 PM, Tim713 said:

Well look who paddled in on the negativity canoe!  We’re actually super close to 1 million posts now and either way, if no one posted again this site is a gold mine of knowledge..

I know, I check about once every two weeks and have some topics come to my email. Yes alot of info here.

Clay,

Yeah mine sat outside from the day I drove it off the showroom floor and I had to have the top  repainted about 4 years ago now because of the clear lifting. Just before trading it in I noticed a real small what looked like a bubble in the clear on one of the door frames, so I figured it was going bad too. One of the employees at the dealership bought it and they park it inside all the time and don't drive it in the winter...it's probably loving it's new owners!

Good to hear from you Clay!

Ray

Edited by Rays B4U (see edit history)