4L80E trans

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you are talking about now. If you look back in this thread you will notice that this adapter has already been mentioned it's just and 80 output turned down and resplined with 60/65 splines there is some question as to how well or long it will hold. Some people say it will work just fine some people say it is weakend by being turned down. I couldn't really say either waybut there is a better way of doing this conversion which is a sure thing and will not be chance of weakening any parts in the trans or t-case!

On their site: "The transfer case you have now can be used as is and will be moved 1 3/4 inches to the rear."

:dunno:  :confused:

It is that way because you have to use the adapter plate which makes it longer. I also thought that the 80-E tranny was 3" or so longer than the 60-E. Oh well, if my tranny goes(hopefully won't for a LONG TIME) I will be going the 80-E route.

Aaron

I see what you are talking about now. If you look back in this thread you will notice that this adapter has already been mentioned it's just and 80 output turned down and resplined with 60/65 splines there is some question as to how well or long it will hold. Some people say it will work just fine some people say it is weakend by being turned down. I couldn't really say either waybut there is a better way of doing this conversion which is a sure thing and will not be chance of weakening any parts in the trans or t-case!

There are guys with Syclones that have the turned down shafts. The truck are about 3700-3800lbs so not as heavy as yours but they run 9.70-9.80's with no problems. I have a turned down shaft in my hand to put a 80E into my Typhoon.

It was cryo treated and I am not worried on bit about it after seeing how beefy it is. My truck is 4100lbs with me in it and the new motor should be in the 1000hp mark at the crank.

Nolan

There are guys with Syclones that have the turned down shafts. The truck are about 3700-3800lbs so not as heavy as yours but they run 9.70-9.80's with no problems. I have a turned down shaft in my hand to put a 80E into my Typhoon.

It was cryo treated and I am not worried on bit about it after seeing how beefy it is. My truck is 4100lbs with me in it and the new motor should be in the 1000hp mark at the crank.

Nolan

Cool make sure you get us some video!

Which 4l80E do you need? 4x4 or RWD?

You will need the 4wd trans i'm not sure if it's any different than the 2wd trans though I think it's just the adapter that bolts to the rear of the trans that makes it either 2wd or 4wd but I could be wrong.

Zippy would know this for sure!

Well I called the guy today who has the NVG input shaft for the t-case and he said he will be sending it to me this week! I'll post pics when I recieve it!

did u get it jon, i think there are some people wanting this thing about now.

Well I'm hoping for it to show up sometime this week or next the guy i'm getting it from seems like a pretty stand up straight forward guy and he has done a few of these swaps already so i'm taking his word for it as far as him sending it to me! He isn't charging me anything for it and as soon as I recieve it you will know because I will post pictures of the shaft for everyone to view I will then have it reverse engineered, cut, and heat treated.

Good stuff! :thumbs: I'm still waiting on the input shaft I will call the guy at the end of next week if it doesn't show up. I hate bugging the guy since he is willing to send me these parts for what he paid for them ($0) and no cost for shipping.

Archived