Rousch Stage 3 F-150

black03zr5

On motorweek this week they test drove a Rousch stage 3 with a 1/4 mile time of 15.9 @ 88MPH and a 0-60 of 7.5. This can be had for $50k. I am pretty sure that my SS could walk all over this to begin with and it is stock, let alone if I invest the 15k difference that I saved I am pretty sure I could literally blow the doors off this thing.

Dave

but the f350 is like 6300 pounds depending on whih model you get CC, reg or ext. It takes a lot more to get those things moving faster.  What does the roush package include?  Was the truck triton v8, v10 or a powerstroke?

No no no no.... It was a V-8 F-150 that is why this is so sad. The stage 3 package includes: supsension package, lowering kit, spoiler, ground effects, hood bumper, exhaust, super charger, etc.

Someone posted the link to these a couple of weeks ago.

Rousch Performance is a joke the stage 1, 2, & 3 kits include NO performance upgrades other than suspension and an exhaust... the rest of your $11,000 is for a body kit, rims, and tires :banghead:

.... and people make fun of the SS costing $40k? :crackup:

Heres the previous thread on it: Rousch Performance f150s

Someone posted the link to these a couple of weeks ago.

Rousch Performance is a joke the stage 1, 2, & 3 kits include NO performance upgrades other than suspension and an exhaust... the rest of your $11,000 is for a body kit, rims, and tires :banghead:

.... and people make fun of the SS costing $40k?  :crackup:

Heres the previous thread on it: Rousch Performance f150s

The stage 3 kit does include a supercharger. I didn't see the stage 3 kit on their site, but the stage 3 2x4 they had on motorweek was supercharged.

Dave

The stage 3 kit does include a supercharger.  I didn't see the stage 3 kit on their site, but the stage 3 2x4 they had on motorweek was supercharged.

Dave

*OOPS... justs watched the motorweek, I TiVo'd it, and your right... but if the stage 3 is supercharged and it only runs 15.9 how slow are the stage 1 and 2??? The lightning guys are gonna be hurting on this one $10k more than an SS and none of the performance.... OUCH! :banghead:

I can't wait to see one of these on the road and hand him his ass! :chevy::D

The stage 3 kit does include a supercharger.  I didn't see the stage 3 kit on their site, but the stage 3 2x4 they had on motorweek was supercharged.

Dave

*OOPS... justs watched the motorweek, I TiVo'd it, and your right... but if the stage 3 is supercharged and it only runs 15.9 how slow are the stage 1 and 2??? The lightning guys are gonna be hurting on this one $10k more than an SS and none of the performance.... OUCH! :banghead:

I can't wait to see one of these on the road and hand him his ass! :chevy::D

Yeah and depending on what kind of a deal you got on your SS it could be close to a 20k difference in price for a slower truck.

On motorweek this week they test drove a Rousch stage 3 with a 1/4 mile time of 15.9 @ 88MPH and a 0-60 of 7.5.  This can be had for $50k.  I am pretty sure that my SS could walk all over this to begin with and it is stock, let alone if I invest the 15k difference that I saved I am pretty sure I could literally blow the doors off this thing.

Dave

88 mph in the quarter, w/ a supercharger is really pathetic! So perhaps what I saw at C&D was a Stage 3; either way they need to do a serious re-evaluation or put that F-150 on a diet (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it appears to be a dog).

I also mentioned I'd try to get one to play, if I have the opportunity - now I'm realy looking forward to it!

Of course w/ Roush backing the Nextel Cup winner (that's another story), maybe they should put a few more $$ into the performance, instead of charging a ridiculous price for boy racer add-ons . . . :D

Yeah and depending on what kind of a deal you got on your SS it could be close to a 20k difference in price for a slower truck.

Would be exactly twice the price I paid for mine (VHO), I will be keeping my eyes open for these at the lights, but somehow I don't think we will be seeing many of these around. :D

Question about Rousch, I thought their Mustangs were fast. I remember seeing one run at Centerville, don't remember the time but it was impressive.

Archived