Lots of suspension/handling questions

Uncle Caleetro

Tires: I'm looking at getting new tires, and would like to keep the same size as factory unless there is a big reason to go with something else. I live in Michigan so I new all season capability, but I would rather just drive more cautiousl in the winter than sacrifice performance in the Summer. Any recommendations?

Brakes: I have been looking into some better components, such as lines and pads, and wonder what you guys recommend. I want SS lines, but I can't seem to find any. I hear that some guys are using Hawk components, but I can't find a site. Any other recommendations on pads and fluid?

Shocks: So far, I have not been able to find any shocks for our trucks or information. Do you guys have any recommendations or information on shocks available for the SS?

Swaybars: All I have found so far are the Hotchkis, so I am just wondering if there are any other ones I should look at. What are the best prices you have found?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Tires: I'm looking at getting new tires, and would like to keep the same size as factory unless there is a big reason to go with something else. I live in Michigan so I new all season capability, but I would rather just drive more cautiousl in the winter than sacrifice performance in the Summer. Any recommendations?

Brakes: I have been looking into some better components, such as lines and pads, and wonder what you guys recommend. I want SS lines, but I can't seem to find any. I hear that some guys are using Hawk components, but I can't find a site. Any other recommendations on pads and fluid?

Shocks: So far, I have not been able to find any shocks for our trucks or information. Do you guys have any recommendations or information on shocks available for the SS?

Swaybars: All I have found so far are the Hotchkis, so I am just wondering if there are any other ones I should look at. What are the best prices you have found?

tires: i think toyo makes an awesome all season tire jmo tho.

brakes: if you want any real, noticable difference in breakiong you need to upgreade to bigger bader components. erasaspeed or alumasport are very good components, they are from bear.

shocks: i have drop shocks from belltech, but toxic makes drop shocks and so does edelbrock.

swaybars. i think the ss's swaybars are big enough, and hotchkis is the only company that i know of that makes sways for the ss

there is a good post on this in the general section. i'd recomend the nitto's.

i'd recomend switching to the stainless brake lines and maybe a carbon metalic or ceramic pad.

i'd recomend waiting until after new year and go with the edelbrock shocks.

not sure if there are any others out there, but that is the brand i'd recomend.

Good responses, Zippy. Many of these subjects have been talked about at length. So don't be afraid to conduct a search.

The Earl's Hyperfirm 5-brakeline kit will work on our truck and numerous are using it. If you do a search, you can find the part number. I believe Thunder Racing had them last I looked. Also, I found them, or ordered them, through my local speed shop. Came out cheaper that way. Earl's has many types of connections that are used in race cars, so they usually have the catalogue. I would also go with new fluid with your lines. A lot have been using ATE Super Blue racing fluid. Appears to be a strong brand. A google search will find supllies of that.

Brake pads, numerous kinds, can be found on the tirerack.com site.

Hotchkis is argueably the best out there for sway-bars. Hellwig makes them also, but people have had problems with it hitting the exhaust. Not sure if the Hotchkis has the same prob. They are about double the price of Hellwig.

Archived