Heartbreaking!!

ssvette

I have a Camaro and a 57 vette, both are very important to me. The Camaro is the Drag racer and part time street car” when I get a wild hair” and the Vette belonged to my father who died when I was young. I drove by what I thought was a auto repair shop yesterday and saw a 57 corvette body on a cart and it looked like it had just been painted. I stopped to look at it since my brother and I are doing the bodywork on ours now. After walking into the shop I realized there were many old vettes around the shop maybe 10 in all, I thought I was in vette heaven as it turned out I was in vette Hell. These people were taking the bodies off these original corvettes and placing retro hi-tech frames and motors under them. I could not believe they would not just buy an aftermarket body and make a retro corvette, the owner claimed the aftermarket bodies were cheap and since these guys pay 100,000 dollars for these retro cars is was cheaper just to buy an old vette that needed to be restored and remove the body, selling off the frame and motor. It felt like the guy drove a stake through my heart I didn’t now what to say, it was like someone buying an all original Z-28 and removing the body and throwing away all the original undercarriage. Is it just me or is this just plain wrong!!

Archived