rear lowering

Dylan06SS

I know this has been asked before, but after searching I need some more info.

Given a board members recent experience w/ the McGaughy's drop kit and issues w/ bottoming out in the rear I've decided I want to upgrade my rear suspension at the same time I install the drop.

:confused: Does anyone know or have experience with upgrading the rear?

:confused: If so what brand/parts/part numbers would you recommend?

:confused: Would an overload suspension work or would it make the rear stick-up w/o any weight in the bed?

You can get helper springs that do exactly what Cody posted, just not as extensive. Try going to Truck Performance.com and looking there. Should find numerous things. Don't just use our truck for your search criteria. You can also use a 1500HD, 4X4, etc.. All the way down to '99 will work.

for anyone else interested...this is what i went with. haven't installed it yet though...

AIR BAGS

CONTROLLER - this controller lets you set each side independently...nice in the event that the load is not level.

you can also get this CONTROLLER #2...it will control both sides at the same time.

i plan on installing my setup in january...by then i hope to have the maintenance area in my shop cleaned out so i have a place to do it. i'll get pics and all that jazz.

Good finds! :thumbs:

I've been looking for those for a couple days and I've come up with NATHA! Now, which one do I buy? The bag set up looks real nice, but with about a $530.00 price tag, a little expensive. I wonder how the ride is with those helper springs installed? Can anyone give us some real world opinions? Is it basically, you don't know it's there until you load your bed kind of thing?

Late- Alex

Archived