Installing McGaughy's kit

AZSS

After installing my 2/4 deluxe kit using just the front hangers, I started to wonder if I should be using the rear shackles as well. If I understand the kit correctly I could achieve 1" w/ the hangers and 1" w/ the shackles and not change the pinion angle at all. I don't have any vibration as it is, but was wondering if anyone has gone through any trial and error w/ this combination.

TIA, Jeff

The hangers even in the lower hole do a bit more than one inch, probably more like an inch and a half. I went the opposite way, I did shackles first then the hangers. When I did this I had to move the shackles so that they only provided one inch of lowering instead of the two I had it set up for. If you are happy with the way it looks then keep it that way. The reason I did the hangers was because I had a slight vibration (and I wanted the rear slighty lower)and McGaughy's said the hangers should make it better. Although they did say that they hadn't tested it with the lower hanger hole and the lower hole on the shackle. They said the setup they prefered was the lower hole on the front and the 2" hole on the shackles. That was too low for me. As it turned out I still have the vibration a little and haven't played with shims yet to try and remove it. All I need is some time and a call to McGaughy's and it should be fixed.

I have the shackles and hangers installed on mine. The leaves springs are both located in the lowest holes to the ground which provides the least amount of drop. Currently, my rear is sitting at 33" and the front is at 32.75". I really like the way it looks now. Ever since I re-positioned the springs from the upper holes in the shackles and hangers to the lower ones, I have a noticable vibration at or around 70mph, something I didn't have in the upper holes.

Late- Alex

the hangers drop 2" and the shackles drop another 2"

overall a 4" drop, i ahve hangers and shackles on my truck 4" in the back, and lowering spring in the front, 3" drop in the front. belltech drop shocks all around. all my lowering equipment has been belltech to this point

Archived