PCM TUNE

dros44

Who would you guys reccomend for a pcm tune. Im def doing one in the near near future. I have a volant CAI and corsa exhaust im looking for the most power possible. And was just wondering how exactly this works. and i checked the link of infinite wisdom im just looking for someones personal opinion on this.

check in the pcm tune section. i started a post on pcm tuning for beginners. basically what it does is the company you go through has pcm's they tune it (i.e. fuel delivery and everything else) and this boosts h.p. one of the best bang for the buck mods out there

I went with pcmforless and they did a great job. It made the most noticable difference. The volant was definitly a pain in the ass to put on. I have put a K&N on 2 trucks, a 97 vortec and 03 5.3. The volant on the 6.0 rivaled the difficulty of the k&n on my lt1 but i did that one by myself and had a friend helping with the volant. :banghead: The pcm was very easy to change out, just takes a little to go through the security measures.

....and i checked the link of infinite wisdom im just looking for someones personal opinion on this.

Guess if you didn't find your answers its 'the link of almost infinite wisdom' :jester:

I agree the volant was a major pain in the @$$ to put on... but once its in it fits like a glove. :thumbs:

I've done my reserch on all the PCM companies people have used here and came to the conclusion that you'll get about the same result regardless of who you go with... I'd suggest going w/ company that has the best level of customer service/satisfaction.... you really can't beat PCMFORLESS. Great price and have yet to hear a complaint about them on the board. :thumbs:

hahah yeah the directions were crap and it was a pain to put on..I was getting madde and madder trying to do it. and imstill not sure wether the scoop is on there right...do you guys have pics of what urscoop likes like installed...you gotta love the sound it gives u when u first hit thegas though....the volant and the corsa exhaust def make my truck sound unbelievable...

do you know around the exact numbers it gave you or no?

Im not sure of the exact numbers it gave me, there is no dyno around so i am SOL if i want to find out what this truck makes. I would imagine by SOTP feel it was around 30hp which is what i think most say you can get, maybe a little more or less. It is a great bang for the buck though! :cool: (as long as you dont mind springing for premium from now on)

do you know around the exact numbers it gave you or no?

Im not sure of the exact numbers it gave me, there is no dyno around so i am SOL if i want to find out what this truck makes. I would imagine by SOTP feel it was around 30hp which is what i think most say you can get, maybe a little more or less. It is a great bang for the buck though! :cool: (as long as you dont mind springing for premium from now on)

I have always used premium so im not to worried about that part lol

It seems like most guys report about a 30 HP increase on a more-or-less stock vehicle after a good tune. Generally speaking, the more mods you have, the more you will benefit from tuning.

As to who does the best job there are a few good tuners out there with lots of satisfied customers. I used Allen Nelson who knows our trucks and is very helpful. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a mail-order tune or can get to him.

Your best bet is a dyno-tune if you can get to somebody with an AWD dyno, wideband and LS1 Edit. Mail order tunes come close but usually don't maximize your output like a good dyno tune can with no guesswork.

Hope this helps. :seeya:

I am having my Whippled truck dynoed tomorrow by Bryan from PCMforless. I feel that he will finally be able to take of this that a few other tuners have not been able to tackle. I had issues in the past with detonation and not seeing the true HP that I should have been seeing supercharged. I will post back when complete and hopefully I will have good news.

It drives a lot better already and this is only with his base tune so I can only imagine that it will be much better once we get it strapped on the dyno.

00z71sierra

Archived