408 cubic inch stroker kit

BigTex

How many lbs of boost would I see out of the stock pulley with the stroker kit?  Im Hitting 8lbs right now.  Im guessing with my mods im around 550 flwhp.  How much power do you think I would be getting with the stroker kit, stock heads and stock pulley?

I can't say. I don't know enough about your supercharger. But there is a very good chance your truck would make 550 rwhp without a supercharger on a 408. parish8 is running his 408 with stock heads. He recently said its stronger with 8psi than his 6L was with 15psi.

I think 550+ rwhp in a 408 w/blower is very doable if the cam and pistons are set up for it....

550 RWHP on a 408 motor only......That would be impressive....What kind of intake/TB, heads and cam...was the TC locked up?

I've seen 550 RWHP out of a 427 6 speed, but that was with a FAST 90mm intake/TB and a very nice head/cam combo........

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant to put 550 FWHP. His original post stated flywheel HP, so I was thinking flywheel HP. I'm just so used to typing rwhp. My bad. 550 at the flywheel isn't a problem with a 408. 550 to the wheels shouldn't be a problem with a 408 and blower.

Archived