Some general SS questions.

yeary03SS

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie. I was thinking of trading the ol' z-71 tomorrow on an 03 arrival blue 03 ss. I know it has the steering column "popping" feel. Is there anything else to look for? It's a real clean truck and has 20,xxx miles on it. Are the 03 tailgate cables in the recall? Maybe by this time tomorrow i'll be driving an SS! Thanks for any help.

Kyle

Most dealers will have the tailgate cables in stock, but the steeting column parts are on backorder for a couple of months (that's what they told me anyway). If you hear a noise coming from above the windshield, it's the trim above there - this is a known problem and they will replace it. I can't think of anything else off of the top of my head... anybody else know of anything?

I'm really wanting to do it! Thanks for the peer pressure! On the all wheel drive, are all 4 wheels actually getting equal power all the time? Also, they're replacing the windshield since it has a crack across it, so hopefully that will fix the rattling if it was there. I didn't hear anything on the test drive.

Congratulations! Welcome to the club! :cheers:

To post a pic, you have to have it hosted somewhere else. Do a search for "posting pictures" and you'll find complete directions. And, if you click on Truck Registry in the upper left of your screen, you can set up your own Garage and post pics directly from your computer. (Click on My Garage in my signature and you can see what one looks like).

Congratulations!  Welcome to the club!  :cheers:

To post a pic, you have to have it hosted somewhere else.  Do a search for "posting pictures" and you'll find complete directions.  And, if you click on Truck Registry in the upper left of yoru screen, you can set up your own Garage and post pics directly from your computer.  (Click on My Garage in my signature and you can see what one looks like).

Thanks! It came with a cowl hood, a fiberglass tonneau cover, and true dual flowmaster exhaust. I'm not too crazy about the big tonneau cover or the chrome tips on the exhaust. I think they might be going soon. I'll work on getting some pics. Also, do these trucks seem to run better with an x-pipe on the dual exhaust?

As far as the AWD/power to the ground it's 62% to the rear and 38% to the front untill there is slippage.

With the x pipe question I belive it all depends on how it's done Dylan tried his exhaust a few different ways till he liked it. I got a Magnaflow 2 1/2 dual in and dual out with the x pipe internaly part of the muffler it reduced the 2psi of stock back pressure to 1psi which is pretty good and it was a noticable difference in power gain.

Nice truck. I've got one just like it and I love the blue color. Are you going to add a billet grill or billet bow tie? Check out shopman1 for an awesome billet grill :thumbs:

Yeah, there is only one pic so far.  It's been raining all day, if it ever stops raining here i'll get some more pics.

Archived