Camper shell

Smokey

Well I'd first like to say that I'm not an owner of this fine truck but I have been looking into it for a while and thankfully have found this site. Great site btw :) Anyway I know some of you use tonneau (lol...bed covers) covers, but would anyone here consider putting a camper shell over their bed? I've been trying to imagine what a Jason's or a LEER shell would look like on top of this truck. I mean, I guess it could look nice but it would take a real picture for me to decide.

So anyway, has anyone here ever put one of the shells I am referring to on their SS? Would anyone consider putting one on? And third, does anyone else think this would be a promising idea for either aesthetic look or possibly utility/security?

Would anyone consider putting one on?  And third, does anyone else think this would be a promising idea for either aesthetic look or possibly utility/security?

no. :nono: I think the tonneau covers are the best for the truck...if you get a hard cover then you would have added security.

There's a member on here who has/had a shell on his blue SSS. You might want to try the search function. I personally would not install a shell on mine, but then again I don't use my truck in a manner where I would need one.

Late- Alex

Wow Dcairns I do like the way that looks. I assume Snugtop is the company? Then XV is the model? Just want to double check that the model isn't Snugtop XV made by _______ company. Anyway, I'm curious how much the top set you back and if it came painted that color already? I was looking at the bedrugs and saw that there is a couch/foldout bed made by the same company that made the bedrugs. Do you think that it would fit upright (couch position) under the shell? Last two questions: Does that shell have the third brakelight? Did anything special come with it; ie cargo lamp, clothing hooks, or a lining? It would be nice to have a shell with a liner that matches the bedrug.

Ah yes but that makes me think of something else, if you didn't have a shell or cover, can water get under the bedrug and damage the paint or rust the metal?

SnugTop is the company XV (Xtra Vision) is the model. They have several that would look good on the SS. I got the XV because I wanted the sliding rear windows with screens (handy for camping). But there are sleeker looking models without the sliding windows.

www.snugtop.com

I have not seen any couch like thing made by BedRug. Where did you see that? In any event, there is room to sit up inside, but I don't think you could fit much of a seat under you, without hitting your head on the roof.

www.bedrug.com

There are a several good manufacturers of shells, SnugTop, ARE and Leer come to mind.

In the case of the SnugTop, there are a number of options, and I think I got most of them. Fuzzy lining, cargo lamp and LED third brake light. I also got fold down "front" window, which along with a sliding rear window on the cab of the SS, allows me to carry really long things home from the hardware store. I think all the shell manufacturers produce the shells painted in matching colors for your truck.

The fuzzy liner and the BedRug are an almost perfect match.

HPIM1480.jpg

Here ya go. This is where I saw the couch/bed. It falls under Bed Rug but perhaps it's not made by Bedrug? Whatever anyway here it is:

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?Pa...&key_word=couch

Oh yeah that Top Gun model looks pretty dang sleek; I think that's the one I'd want. But you never did say, about how much do these Snugtops run and are the options pricey?

Interesting looking thing, I wonder how the seat is secured to the bed.

fcb51024250d1cf5d407374e1e779138.jpg

Looking at the detailed description, it sounds like this is made by "California Cruiser".

Start by adding a custom-fit California Cruiser Bed Carpet. This light charcoal color carpet...

Then, add an optional Cruiser Sofa Bed to make your truck...

Finally, add your choice of storage boxes. Sofa Bed Storage Boxes...

I like the idea of those storage boxes, I have wanted something like that to stow tie downs and stuff and not have them rolling around in the bed.

crazycrabs69: Where did you get your tail lights done light that? Let me know I saw a guy who tinted the tail lights on eBay but I haven't been able to find him recently. :crazy:

Yeah I love that pic up in the mountains......nice work, love the look.

Archived