Backup Sensing System

shopman1

I want to put one of the backup systems on the SS. It's long and I can't see behind it very well so I'm looking into the backup warning system and wonder if anyone has installed it, and if so, how. I don't want to drill the bumper so I was thinking of having brackets to install the sensors. There are a few types, radar, inferred, and microwave.

I was at the NY Auto show and i know they have a system for the chevy trucks through an aftermarket company cuz my buddy with a Sierra was looking at it. I know they have kits with color match sensors. The name of the company escapes me, but when i get home, I'll look it up.

-Joe

• 4 weeks later...
:chevy: I have installed the PORON Micro vehicle reversing Aid on the SS. It will tell you in a clear voice the following distances: 8', 5', 3', 2' 12 inches and Crash just prior to hitting somthing. It also peeps and increased in pulse frequency as the vehicle to the obstacle distance decreases. (it's not hard to listen to and you can adjust it) It has a lead from the processor to the backup light lead (green to the lamp in the tail light) and a grownd. I installed it on the driver side. They tell you to put the leads throught the vent in the cab, I put them through the rocker and put the processor behind the back seat and the speaker under the dash. It has three sensors that go under the back bumper. It works great and I feel much more confident when backing up. You can check it out at http://www.poronusa.com

Archived