4.8-5.3

SSoCal

The 4.8 and 5.3 have the same identical block. The 5.3 has a longer stroke to give it the added size.

Our 6L motor will be able to interchange nearly every part with the smaller truck motors. The pistons being the exception since we have a larger bore. But all internals, heads, valvetrain, etc... will interchange between truck motors as well as the Fbody and corvette. Specs on a few of the parts may differ, but they physically fit.

The 4.8 and 5.3 have the same identical block.  The 5.3 has a longer stroke to give it the added size. 

Our 6L motor will be able to interchange nearly every part with the smaller truck motors.  The pistons being the exception since we have a larger bore.  But all internals, heads, valvetrain, etc... will interchange between truck motors as well as the Fbody and corvette.  Specs on a few of the parts may differ, but they physically fit.

:withstupid:

good job richard. :thumbs:

you can't bore a 4.8 out as far as you can a 6.0. the block design is the same for the most part, but the bore is the main issue. as far as parts availablility goes, they are about the same as long as you bore the 5.3 block to the spec's of a 5.7 block.

• 3 years later...

ok guys i have an 04 gmc sierra with a 4.8 and i wanna do a 6.0 swap i was just wondering how far back in year models that the parts off my motor will work on a 6.0. i found a 2001 but i'm not sure what year will work. will the water pump and computer and all the other components work off my engine. thanks

Yes, everything will work. Just get the computer reprogramed for the 6.0. If the 6.0 is from a 2001 it will be the LQ4 model, which has different pistons than the SS 6.0.

There also may be a difference with the crank shaft length and how to make it fit with your 04 transmission.

CD

Archived