Hello for Phoenix

Lee

I was over on pickuptruck.com looking for other SS owners (without much luck) and "ran into" Dave. He told me about this site. Thank goodness!!! :D I had little in common with owners of standard Ford 150's and the trash talking about SS's not being up to Lightening standards was getting depressing. I don't know about you guys but I got mine BECAUSE it was a ext. cab. If I'd wanted a reg. cab I'd have gotten the Lightening or waited for the new Dodge sport truck. For me this is the best of both worlds. Something practical and fast. My only regret is the Chevy, in all their wisdom :sleep: , did not supercharge this baby - or at least offer one as an option.

I've had my SS about three weeks now. Got the red one, immediately changed out the wheels and tires the day I got it. Put Giovanna 22" six spoke chrome wheels on F305/45r22 tires. Looks great. :thumbs: Now all's I need is a supercharger. With the discounts all the auto mfg's are offering because of the ecomony I got just over $6,000 off MSRP. That savings is my supercharger money. Have been reading Daves posts with great interest trying to decide what kind to get.

Anyway, I'm running my mouth here. Glad I found you guySS. Looking forward to learning something and hopefully being able to contribute.

Lee :cheers:

Hey, glad to see you made it over here. :thumbs:

Some threads you might want to check out:

Check out MNC5's project :

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...ct=ST&f=1&t=919

I have to hurry to the track this weekend to enjoy my moment of fame as "quickest SS", once MNC5 gets done, I will never catch up with that monster :D

GMMG was looking into getting a group purchase of some Magnachargers,

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...ct=ST&f=1&t=895

mcwarren is from your neck of the woods and has posted some pics of his red SS.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...st=0entry8536

Be sure and post some pics of your SS with the new wheels. :cool:

Try and post some pics as I would like to see the tires and wheels. I agree with the practicallity idea of an extended cab. The SS is alot more usable than the Lightning (which is an awesome ride!)

I have had mine since mid April and have been in Pakistan since the first of May. I really miss my SS......uhh.....and the family too!!

I cant wait to get home to hug it and Drive em. I mean Hug em and drive it!! :jester:

Enjoy your new SS. :chevy::flag:

One of the Lightning guys (well actually, I'm a gal) here. Just a performance enthusiast who likes to read about all sorts of performance. Anyway, this is a great site, with some really nice people (it is nice to see a site that doesn't have 200 posts a day on JLo's a*s, or Britney Spears sexual status :rolleyes: ). Just people talking trucks.

Anyway, we live in Payson....... and get down to the valley frequently. Maybe we will meet up at the Pavilions sometime (we are thinking of getting involved in the Arizona Lightning Owners Club). We will be starting to mod our truck now that it is fully broken in (45,000 miles currently).

We like to do the truck thing....... no matter what brand of truck. Hell, maybe after we get the '68 C10 restored, we will have that out too. :)

Welcome to the site !!!!

BTW, most of us Ford owners are not putz's. :D

Lee,

Welcome aboard from a another red SS owner in AZ, (Show Low area). I'll be taking my SS on it's first run this weekend when I come to the Valley. Looking forward to giving a fellow SS driver the :thumbs:

user posted image

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Stealth, per your request, here are some shots of my SS so you can see the wheels. Also, I guess I don't need to tell you to hurry back the "The World," huh? I know how you feel, man. I did my tour of duty in Nam many years ago. That's all I thought about was getting home.......and I didn't even have an SS waiting. :D:flag:

Extreme, I think that's great. I don't care whether you have a Lightening or an SS. As long as you and hubby are into sport trucks that's all the counts. You'll have to let me know when your going to be here and I'll see if I can get away to say hi.

mcwarren, you too. Nice to see so many folks from AZ. Have a good trip down here. Drop me an email and tell me when you'll be here also. Maybe we can get together for coffee or something. :pop:

Dave, thanks for the above links to superchargers and your help hosting my images. I'll have to figure out how to get a web page with my ISP.

Lee

Archived