to all the guys with Z06's

Xero

ive been lookin at prices for an 02 Z06 and i want some feed back about the Z06. ive been watching al lot of movies on modded z's and they seem fast as balls. i would like a C6 z but that a little too muhc money and power for my tastes. and an 02 is the first year with the 405 h.p. rating and they are cheap(er)

so any information would be greatly wanted and accepted. i am saving about 10K for a downpayment on one and should be buying it around the time the C6 z comes out (im gettin a $200 raise around march) and i should have more than enough money to buy one.

nick

The ZO6 is a great performance car, lots of fun stock. The car though can be sorta of irritating driving everyday in construction zones, traffic, barely moving, and if the roads are rough, you feel all the bumps. It definately a car for the weekends. So, i would make sure I'd have enough money to keep the truck as well too so that you have something in the winter time. (if theres snow where you live) The only recall I have recieved a letter for was something about the automatic steering lock or something like that, just had it done about 2 months ago. The insurance is very high just to let you know on that ZO6 and when considering how much you are going to have to spend a year extra just on insurance is a large consideration. I don't know how old you are but under 25 theses cars premiums are very very pricey even if you have no prior accidents or demerits especially since you are a male. It performs very well, in all departments, turning, braking and speed. I remember reading an article in car driver comparing the 911 turbo and ZO6 and they have basically the same performance. There are also tons of mods available to get the cars well into the 10s. If you can afford the car, I'd say go for it for sure. The used price of the 02 are pretty good and you might be able to find a good deal on ebay. If your looking for a performance car this one definately has the best bang for your buck.

yea im 18, very young...no collage for me straight into work. i do plan on keeping thr truck and i am going to be finishing it this upcomming year, im still undecided on what i wanna do. but visually it will be done and should be 13's after that i dunno, i will definatly keep it but plan on getting something a little more expensive. i would like to get a motorcycle but dont want to go through classes and another test and what not for it. alos i would want a Z06 but a regular corvette is fine too. i live at home and my only mills a month are my truck and insurance and my cell phone so out of my 2K a month pay check i spend 407 on my truck payment 60 bucks on my cell phone and 330 on my insurance. the rest goes into mods for my truck. in february i should be getting a very high raise around 2-300 bucks a week more. so i figure another car is a posibility. and an 02 z would be quite lovely. im not a huge fan of the gto. the camaro is too bland. i dont have the equipment to do a resto on a classic car (or id buy one) but the corvette!!! i can do that

nick

18 and a ZO6 is an insurance nightmare. The motorbike would definately give you the rush and performance but if you want a car, a used c5 vette is not a bad buy, even if its not a ZO6 its still pretty damn fast. Buying a restored car is not that expensive if you don't go for the yenko or a # matching SS or RS camaro or something like that. A camaro with a big block full resto can be cheaper than a 97 c5 and if you insure it under a collectors vehicle you can probably get a much lower quote than on a corvette. If your looking for something flashy the corvette is probably your best bet. An SS camaro or a trans am gets a lot of looks as well. An SVT cobra is also cheap and depreciate quite fast, so you could look into that.

i was lookin at a mustang but i would want a gt not a cobra.... and what do you think the differences between a stock vette and a z would be? thiers not THAT much difference between a z and a base vette... cept the 50 or so more h.p. and a few visual upgrades....but ir eally dont care about that too much. if i can get basically the same thing as a z (base) for a lot cheaper and less (tsubstantial enough) insurance ill get a base. but i want a corvette, it has always been one of my dream cars and i was close (but not) to that with my monte carlo ss. and as for the resto, i dont have the technology or tools to do it even tho id LOVE to and i like classic muscle rather than a new car

I hate to say this, cause I'm starting to sound old, but I'm 31 now and starting to see how true the advice of my folks was when I was your age. Save that money for a rainy day. I'll keep it short, have fun modding your truck some more and save the money you'd dump into another car. Or at least, buy a vehicle that won't depreciate so much and not cost so much in insurance. For the money, you will shell out for the '02 Z06, you could have a sweet 60's or 70's muscle car that would get all the looks and respect on the street, not cost so much in insurance, and would go up in value instead of down for the next few years. Just my advice, it's your money. I hope however you spend it brings you joy.

ive been lookin at prices for an 02 Z06 and i want some feed back about the Z06. ive been watching al lot of movies on modded z's and they seem fast as balls. i would like a C6 z but that a little too muhc money and power for my tastes.  and an 02 is the first year with the 405 h.p. rating and they are cheap(er)

so any information would be greatly wanted and accepted. i am saving about 10K for a downpayment on one and should be buying it around the time the C6 z comes out (im gettin a $200 raise around march) and i should have more than enough money to buy one.

nick

Nick...

Not to be an ass, but 2 days ago you were debating between saving the money for a house or doing a restoration car project. Before that you were thinking of building the tranny and doing a custom turbo system on your truck. To me it sounds like your asking questions just for the sake of asking them (IMO) I can understand changing your mind.... but to me it sounds like your just blowing alot of smoke... sorry. :happysad:

well im just looking at ALL my options and the pros and cons of all of them. i still wannabut i dont have the equipment to do it so thats out of the question. and a house still isnt out of the question. im just looking at a corvette now. its not that im blowing smoke its that i want the best for my money and what i would be most happy with.

In my mind, there is a lot more difference between an 02 Z06 and an 02 C5 than 50hp and some visuals -- weight being number one. Next up is the tight 6 speed in the Z06, much better suspension, and much better tires.

I used to have an 01 Z06. Awesome car. It's probably the best stock vehicle I've owned in terms of handling and fun factor. Those cars are on rails and will out perform 99.5% of drivers who get in one. Mine surprised my constantly.

Good cars... I am sorely tempted on the Z07...

Nick, my advise is to save your money. I know it's not the most fun of the options but it's the smart thing to do.

I'm 27 and looking back I've wasted a lot of money on crap. I'm not saying save every penny but at least take that raise and save it. Afterall, you've been living on what you've been making now all along.

Then when you get your house you've got cash to spend on appliances, furniture, etc. instead of putting on credit.

Just keep in mind to that motorcycles aren't that cheap either after you start paying for tires that wear out quickly, gear, oil changes. My payment is only $156 and my insurance is $110 a year. But since May, I've already had to buy a front tire, two back tires, and getting ready to be my third rear tire.

Sorry for the rant but in short, save that extra $$$ and buy you a house.

:withstupid:That's some good advice!

With interest rates as low as they are now.....save quickly and buy yourself a house....

You won't see rates like this for another 20 years or so, maybe..... :dunno:

Those cool cars will be there in few years...By then you'll living in a two car 3 bedroom house.... :thumbs:

Geeze at 18 if I woulda thought about buying a z06 my parents woulda made me pay rent since I was obviously making more than enough to pay rent. I would have felt stupid also living at home with a vette. Save for a house. If you put all your money into toys when the time comes to buy a house you won't be able to act quickly because all your money is tied up.

Brandon

Archived