HP tuner question

NateZ

When i use the scanner on hptuners, it starts to record info right when i press the start scanning button, before i even press the record button.... it's really annoying because it makes my logs reaaallly long. Is there somthing i am doing wrong or?

Thanks,

Nate

when you hit the start button that essentially just starts the logging. say you hit the start button go drive around for a while then park it and shut it off...if you do not hit the record button then you loose everything.

and...once you hit the start button - anytime you hit the record button it will record everything that has been monitored.

IMO logs can never be to long. i usually try to get a solid 30 minutes of logging...when tuning the cruising side of the truck...when tuning WOT i just pick a place where i can start and stop easily and just start recording just before i punch it...

when you hit the start button that essentially just starts the logging. say you hit the start button go drive around for a while then park it and shut it off...if you do not hit the record button then you loose everything.

and...once you hit the start button - anytime you hit the record button it will record everything that has been monitored.

IMO logs can never be to long. i usually try to get a solid 30 minutes of logging...when tuning the cruising side of the truck...when tuning WOT i just pick a place where i can start and stop easily and just start recording just before i punch it...

so then should i just hit the record button when i am done monitoring or?

Nate

I never understood the function of the start scanning vs start recording buttons. They both do exactly the same thing for me.

Either one will start scanning/logging data onto the screen. What matters is what you do with it when you're done. If you hit a scan/record buttong again after you've already got data you want, you'll lose that data.

I have to go into the pull down menu and manually save it off somewhere.

Another thing that doesn't work - Under "Logging" - "Start Logging". It's supposed to log directly to a file.

No. It don't. It does the exact same thing as "Scan" - "Start Scanning".

If it does log to a file............... it never tells you it's location. :shakehead:

so then should i just hit the record button when i am done monitoring or?

Nate

i always make sure i hit the play and recod button at the same time. you don't want to know how many times i have shut the truck off without hitting the record button...

You can also just hit the play button and before you shut the truck off hit disconnect I believe it's under the file button and you won't lose all of your data I belive HPT knows that all of these buttons do the same function and I think they are trying some different things to make changes and possibly make it so you can hit a key to start recording so your not fiddling around with the cursor while driving! Check out the posts on their site there is a lot of info there about it.

You can also just hit the play button and before you shut the truck off hit disconnect I believe it's under the file button and you won't lose all of your data I belive HPT knows that all of these buttons do the same function and I think they are trying some different things to make changes and possibly make it so you can hit a key to start recording so your not fiddling around with the cursor while driving!  Check out the posts on their site there is a lot of info there about it.

Spacebar used to be the key. A lot of us complained though so it might be disabled now.

Archived