427SS Update

MN C5

Pictures from the top 427C5R assembled, Heads prior to install, the SS next to my L and the dual exhaust mod... I can't seem to find the right way to post medium sized pics. Last time they were huge and now just thumb nails... Oh well.. Any way the trans will be coming out later this week to go to Rossler, the install should start next week some time. We are planning to put the truck on the dyno later this week for some tuning upgrades for those guys that don't want to go as far as this project will.

misc%20pics%20003.jpg

misc%20pics%20146.jpg

V352o56i%20VXkvp4hoZucpOdl2lpnfpiu0060.jpg

jXbqS2iBsyrwVxj9MY4WbSP9nHT4V28a0060.jpg

-LtTLZYXQFbXWAROydvT8AbkjirJIKho0060.jpg

awesome but... whats with the increibly small pictureS?

I'm using AOL to host the pictures and I havent (No Kidding) figured out how to properly size the pictures yet..

MN C5

:withstupid:

You are going to need to get that pulley and C5 oil pan pulled off and swapped for a truck setup. I don't think those are 6 liter heads. Are you going for high compression? I thought your plan was to run boost.

Here is an install pic of the 423 we just installed in that 2003 Escalade EXT that I was telling you about:

swap.jpg

I'd put money down that this EXT has just about the best exhaust around. This show shows the X pipe up front, dual cutouts, and full 3" exhaust. Up front we have long tube headers and all mandrel bent tubing. Cats were removed. Electric cutouts are now installed.

magnas.jpg

BigTex your right on all counts. Its a corvette pan and LS6 heads.. The heads have been reworked for the bore and the pistons are the reversed dome type. The motor is being set up for 20lbs of Whipple boost. :thumbs:

BTW your project looks great, let us know how it runs.

It runs, but needs tuning. Our LS1 edit cable was faulty and we are waiting on a replacement. Should be here this week.

ext1.jpg

This motor was a 6 liter block bored .040 over with a 4.125" stroke. Its running ross pistons, Eagle rods, and a Callies crank.

blockb.jpg

Archived