What is your opinion on this cam?

matt rem

I have a 222/222 cam in mine and off idle it's just fine  :thumbs:   I don't think I lost much if anything down low either.

Sounds like you're happy with your cam and that's what counts. A lot of this is subjective, one man's stump-puller is another man's soggy bottom. Most reactions to 220+ intake duration cams I have seen and heard have been different than yours, as per fasttruck.net chart above. :dunno:

Just a couple questions. I take it you have tuning? Where do you have your idle set? Is your 1/4 time listed stock or after the bumpstick swap? How does it feel cruising at highway speeds in O/D?

Your Camaro looks like a nice ride, too. I have a '99 CSS but only 400rwhp with stock cubes. It's been my daily driver for 5 years and I am happy that I now have the SSS to tackle the snow this winter. :chevy:

I have a 222/222 cam in mine and off idle it's just fine  :thumbs:   I don't think I lost much if anything down low either.

Sounds like you're happy with your cam and that's what counts. A lot of this is subjective, one man's stump-puller is another man's soggy bottom. Most reactions to 220+ intake duration cams I have seen and heard have been different than yours, as per fasttruck.net chart above. :dunno:

Just a couple questions. I take it you have tuning? Where do you have your idle set? Is your 1/4 time listed stock or after the bumpstick swap? How does it feel cruising at highway speeds in O/D?

Your Camaro looks like a nice ride, too. I have a '99 CSS but only 400rwhp with stock cubes. It's been my daily driver for 5 years and I am happy that I now have the SSS to tackle the snow this winter. :chevy:

thanks for the compliments on the Camaro, I should really update my sig with some wheels up pics :)

yes, I have tuning. it idles at the stock RPM's and has a nice little lope to it, but not too rowdy. :cool: the times listed are withOUT the cam or any tuning. hoping for 14.4X's now LOW 14.X's with the 3k stall. feels great cruising, no issue's at all with the cam

Archived