Gtech

SSBeaumont

I just got the Competition pro version used last weekend and it works pretty well, EXCEPT the 60' times seem off a bit. I ALWAYS pulled 2.1-2.2's at the track and now it's 2.4-2.5 on the street :dunno::confused: WTF?? how can it be any different?? NO wheel spin and either launching off idle or 2k Stalled yeilds the same results.

The GTECH explains the difference in 60 ft times:

Look at page 95 and 97 of the manual http://www.gtechprosupport.com/support/manuals/RR4.0.pdf and read the paragraph about "staging depth" and "rollout".

One wouldn't guess that Gtech has that level of sophistication to adjust for "rollout distance" it but it does!

In the gtech you need to tell it your rollout distance. Ideally you would enter the same rollout distance that you stage at the real track.

Hopefully that will make up for the difference.

Dylan, right on. Even with a real dyno all the assumptions and limitation must be known before a judgement comparing parts can be make. For instance:

1. is the dyno an inertial type?

2. how tightly were the straps tightened?

3. what was the tire temp and pressure?

4. was it SAE temp/alt/humitdity compensated?

5. should you use SAE compensation in the first place?

6. is the hood open during testing?

the list goes on and on...

What are the odds the dyno operator knows these factors or cares? :dunno:

Especially when they just run it- slow down, run it- slowdown etc.

Does he check to make sure the temps are the same etc...

I am thinking you can do your own "scientific" testing with the Gtech and see real world results. I don't care what my number is, I care if my new toy improved or not. If not, I'm wrappin it up with some rope and a boat anchor and returning it through the main lobby window! (ok that is what I will dream of doing at least) :D

Be careful... I've found Dynojet AWD shops around me, but the problem is that none of them have one that will fit the wheelbase of the SS... for the most part they are import tuner shops that dyno small cars (i.e. - subarus) I wasted a 2 hour trip to find this out the hard way! :banghead:

Archived