Degree shims

r8rs4lf

I have the MG 2/4 drop kit installed on my SSS and according to Mike @ MG, I don't have it installed the way it was tested, but I like the way it looks as it is. The way it was tested was with the leaf spring installed in the 1" hole in the hanger and in the 2" hole in the shackle. He told me that would get rid of the vibration I'm getting at 70mph. I know that my pinion angle is off because of the drop so a couple questions..........

1. Have any of you used any degree shims after the drop and if so, how is it now?

2. I've been told that degree shims will only move the vibration to a different speed and will not totally get rid of it, is that true?

3. Are there specific shims available only to our SSS or are they standard and where did you get them?

TIA

Late- Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I have talked to Mike about this too, sounds like we had the same conversation almost. Let me know how the five degree works, is this what Mike recommended? I have a set of 2* ones I was going to try in the spring. The truck is parked for winter now.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived