Super - Duper mod

BenKey

I'm not a smoker going on my 10th year now. I have never cared one way or the other whether or not a vehicle had a cigarette lighter, but have used the socket numerous times while on trips, charging mine and my wife's phone. So, instead of always having to remove or leaving the empty socket for periods of time, I ordered another cover. Nothing against you smokers and I keep the lighter in my glove box, just in case ;)

101_0150.JPG

Comments on the dirty background will be ignored. :jester:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great idea, what the part# and how much. i am a non smoker too and use the plug for computer or camera and i always have to keep up with the lighter because when its not in use it looks bad with nothing in it

I'm not a smoker, this a nice idea for my phone and computer.

BenKey is that your letter in SPORT TRUCK (November 2003 page 20). :thumbs:

Thats a riot I was looking through it the other day and thought thats got to be him :jester: . I noticed they showed a red SS below your article. Going to have to let them know your a man of blue choices :chevy: . Same issue with the shoutout. Its a small world after all. :cheers:

With all there connections a 4 wheel dyno is a small hill to climb, give them hell.

I like that "mod" Ben. For some reason, my SS did not come with a cigarette lighter. Not that I miss it, but it just looks funny with an empty socket. I think I will try getting an extra cover too.

Comments on the dirty background will be ignored. :jester:

Oh, darn... :jester:

I have never cared one way or the other whether or not a vehicle had a cigarette lighter

I don't smoke either but ya gotta have a place to plug in the radar detector, man. I mean, c'mon Ben. :D

I have never cared one way or the other whether or not a vehicle had a cigarette lighter

I don't smoke either but ya gotta have a place to plug in the radar detector, man. I mean, c'mon Ben. :D

I never said I couldn't find use for the socket, just don't need the lighter. When are you going to get around to hard-wiring that thing? We have the step-by-step on here.

Thanks for the part# Ben. I tried to get the local dealership to get me one of those a coupe weeks after I bought the truck and they just looked at me like cows at a passing train - not too helpful.

Did you have to pop out the socket to get the cover on?

Thanks for the part# Ben. I tried to get the local dealership to get me one of those a coupe weeks after I bought the truck and they just looked at me like cows at a passing train - not too helpful.

Did you have to pop out the socket to get the cover on?

Yeah I did. I just popped the whole console piece off, disconnected the cables, then pushed in the tabs and the whole socket pushes out. Then you can put the new cover on.

ledfootss - did you have to tell me that? I appreciate the report, though. Thanks.

Archived