PIctures of my 07 nbs sierra v-max

BigTool

Here's my new baby, 07 gmc sierra 4x4 v-max. So far i've put in a t-rex billet grille, chrome door handles, fabtech 2" coil spacer, American eagle 20x8.5, and Toyo Open country A/T 33x10.5. I just got the tires and rims put on and i absolutely love it, the truck rides and drives exactly the way it did the day i bought it. With the 20's and 33's there was absolutely no loss of power. Theres a pretty decent stretch of hill going on I-59 towards hattiesburg MS. with my 04 avalanche with the same size tire on a smaller rim it would bog down horribly and eventually would drop to 3rd gear, new rig never flinches and i can acclerate as much as i want up it while never dropping a gear. I'm so glad i went with the 6.0 . The only complaint i have is the 33's are still mighty close to rubbing. With a tiny amount of trimming it wouldn't be any issue at all. I think i'm going to stick to my original idea of a 3" b/l. I had the guy at the shop jack it up another 3 inches and my jaw dropped. I just need to find some nerf bars that are body mounted instead of frame mounted to hide my frame rails. Long story short, i absolutely love my new rig, so far it's by far the best ride i've ever had. http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w280/dwayne_wayne69dguj/

I thought i read a post someone was asking about the nbs fuel milage, i'm seeing anywhere from 14-18. 14 around town anywhere from 15-18 on interstate and highway. Done a good amount of highway driving cruise at 60 and i'm averaging 18, interstate usually produces from 15-17, but i drive fast.

I think wheel backspacing will affect tire size that you can fit under it. Fabtech claims that it will clear a 33" tire and it does, it goes through full turn without rubbing, but i know when i get it off road "which i try to avoid" it will rub with wheel articulation. Rancho also claims their 4" will supposedly easily clear a 35". Which is poopy, my buddie has 33's on his Dodge and they don't even come close to rubbing, he could easily clear a 35 if he wanted, but it is a dodge.

It's just got a fabtech 2" coil spacer installed. The rims are 20x8.5 American Eagle Oh-six-four series "i believe" I got them pretty cheap and was concerned about the ride. I was very weary about changing anything involving suspension and tire/wheel. My avalanche's ride suffered pretty bad after a 4" suspension lift and 33x11.5x17 tires. Not to mention the 5.3 could barely get the truck down the road and cruise was not even an option. The 6.0 with 4.10's makes all the difference the 33's didn't affect anything ride or power wise. The fabtech spacers didn't affect anything either, so far all my mods have been great decisions. The billet grill looks funky in pictures buy looks really clean in person i just can't get my camera to focus right.

somebody did a nice ol' burnout in your yard

My buddy always parks his truck there, and it's been one very rainy winter. It's going to suck having to bounce the lawn mower over it this summer. :banghead:

Nice truck really like the new rims. Any other plans for it? Hey just one more question for yah. Just wondering if you noticed any harsher ride going with the Max towing package compared to a regular 5.3L truck. From what i understand the shocks are all the same but it has a little stiffer springs to up the payload capacity a bit. I would think they would be similar just loved the way the regular one rides.

Nice truck really like the new rims. Any other plans for it? Hey just one more question for yah. Just wondering if you noticed any harsher ride going with the Max towing package compared to a regular 5.3L truck. From what i understand the shocks are all the same but it has a little stiffer springs to up the payload capacity a bit. I would think they would be similar just loved the way the regular one rides.

I've rode them back to back and didn't notice any difference. But i can say that if you add a couple hundred pounds to the bed of the truck it makes all the difference ride wise. If you're worried about the trailering package you can get the z71 package with the 6.0 which is alittle cheaper but dosen't have the 4.10's.

Well now i'm back to leaning towards just getting the Full deal 6.0L. Your numbers aren't bad and i wouldn't mind the extra payload capacity. Might put a snowmobile deck on it and with the 2 sleds and deck your looking at 1,400lb plus gas in the truck and people and gear so pretty tight for a half ton but i think that it could handle it. With the max towing package the payload should be pretty close to what i would need. And sounds like the ride is pretty similar good to know thanks.