Volant

LPEZR1

Got a Volant cold air from Tbyrne. Nice quality parts, fits 99% perfect. The biggest thing I noticed was the sound under full throttle, cool deep sound, like an old chevy V8 with rochester 4 bbl carb with the air cleaner lid upside down. Did I pick up any HP, can't tell for sure. My gas mileage ticked up a bit, coincidence? Service from Tbyrne was great, done all via email. Got the tube also but have not put it on yet.

You guys with the 15853 need to call Volant and get the extra gasket you're missing. The correct part number for the SS is the 15953. It is a SS specific part number and cost 10.00 more because of the gasket. :rolleyes:

The part number 15953 is the correct part number according to the Volant tech department. The extra gasket goes on at the throttle body. They usually sell for around 300.00 and TByrne has them this week for 239.00. The Volant guy told me he should have the part number for the ram air tube for the SS in two or three weeks. That is what I'm waiting for.

Good price at Tbyrnes, I'd jump on it.

I'd like to get the tube if it wasn't for the flooding problems we have here everytime we get a good storm.

Nixed my thoughts of lowering from our last storm in November.

We can build new stadiums and arenas, but we can't fix the streets... :fume:

We have freeways go under!

Go figure.

WW :sigh:

Archived