Vibration in Steering Wheel

Hey guys, I brought my truck in for an oil change to the dealer and complained of vibration in the steering wheel, and they told me it was normal for an AWD vehicle, not to worry about it. Are any of you experiencing this problem with your SS's? Thanks, cause I'm brining it in for another serviceing, and if its not normal I wanna get to the bottom of it. Thanks guys.

And I thought my vibration was from lowering!! Honestly I do not remember if I had a vibration before I lowered it. I lowered mine when it had 600 miles on it. I do have a slight vibration through the steering wheel between 65-75mph.

mine too - 68-69 mph, definitely from the front. I was suspecting a wheel out of balance (that's about the right speed for the harmonic) but have not done anything about it yet.

Mr. P. :)

Hey guys, I brought my truck in for an oil change to the dealer and complained of vibration in the steering wheel, and they told me it was normal for an AWD vehicle, not to worry about it. Are any of you experiencing this problem with your SS's? Thanks, cause I'm brining it in for another serviceing, and if its not normal I wanna get to the bottom of it. Thanks guys.

i noticed a higher vib on my 04 ss on the freeway compared to my 03 silvr. reg cab shot bed, one thing i do miss no vib on that truck :wtf:

There is a recall on the steering shaft clunk. If you take a long corner at 30-40ish you sometimes can feel a click click click in the steering wheel. They will grease the inner steering shaft. Dont know if thats what youre talking about.

It's not a recall but a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)

I don't know if they are doing it in the US but in Canada they are replacing the intermidiate steering shaft instead of just greasing it the dealer says it should not come back. I also have a vibration at around 60mph after lowering it not sure what to do about it yet

Had mine shaft replaced a few months ago (no more than six months) and the ticking/clicking feel and sound are back. Also the whole front end seems to be exteemly loose. Every time I go over a bump in the road it rattles like a paint can. I'm going to take it in in the morning. I'll let you know the outcome.

Archived