Curb View Assist

dcairns

This might be obvious to some of you, and I am sure it is in the manual (who reads those things, anyway?), but I just discovered it!!

When I first got my truck I played with the "curb view assist" feature, but found the mirrors going to full down position to be of limited use. I was messing with it yesterday and discovered that you can set the angle they got to when "curb view assist" is on.

I found that if you have the "curb assist" turned on (both) and put the truck in reverse and wait for the mirrors to adjust to the "curb view assist" position, you can then adjust the mirrors to your liking for backing up and it will remember it. So now I can adjust them to tilt down a little bit, so I can see the curb a bit, but not lose the view to the rear. I am still not sure how useful this will be, but I learned how to make it work. :D

Yea, I was playing around with mine and discovered the ability to adjust the tilt also. then another time while I was waiting on the wife to finish shopping, I discovered something pretty cool in the glove box....an owners manual!! It told me that my discovery was right!! Someday, I'll learn to go to the book first. :chevy::flag:

This might be obvious to some of you, and I am sure it is in the manual (who reads those things, anyway?), but I just discovered it!!

I'd rather have the buttons to program for my garage doors than the damn self adjusting backup mirrors :shakehead: And how about some vanity lights and mirrors for finding my nose hairs and checking for stuff in my teeth? :jester:

Thanks for the tip, has anyone tried the lower seat to exit? Its another item for people with to much time on there hands... It really slams the seat to the floor though.. :rolleyes:

All in all I would trade some of the goofy stuff for things I'd use everyday. :wtf:

Thanks for the tip, has anyone tried the lower seat to exit? Its another item for people with to much time on there hands... It really slams the seat to the floor though.. :rolleyes:

It is a neat idea, but I already drive with the seat lowered all the way. I can't see past the rear view mirror if I have the seat up any higher. Can't wait till the glue fails and I can stick the mirror on a bit higher. :crazy:

Yea, dcairns, I get to stay in the car. She figured out that she could spend more money while I wasn't looking. You should see the checkbook now that I am half way around the world!!!  

Well, you did get that fancy new truck, so she is entitled to a few toys too :D

• 3 weeks later...
:cheers: Thank's for the heads up. :thumbs: I had to turn mine off, now I'll play with them and maybe I'll like them after I get them adjusted so I'm not looking straight down at the ground. Thank's again!!!

Archived