New exhaust pics

KoTToN

I kept my stock pipes and just swapped in a Magnaflow #14588 dual 2.5" in single 3" out. I think a few people have this setup also but I havent seen any pics when searching so I thought I would post some up. BTW is sounds great!!

000_0767.jpg

000_0768.jpg

000_0769.jpg

I've heard this muffler is quieter than my FM70, which is why I'm interested in it (except that I would be using it in the opposite configuration, as a single 3" in and dual 2.5" out...). How does it sound?

Also, can you confirm the part number: 12588.

The sound is awesome! I wish I had something to record it with so I co8uld post up a sound clip for all of you to hear. Maybe someone on here with the same muffler can do this if they have the equipement. It gets a little noisy in the cab at about 1800 rpms but after and before that its pretty mellow. Sounds really good WOT and has a nice idle sound.

the part # is 14588 http://magnaflow.com/02product/mufflers/univ_ss_oval.asp last one on the bottom of this page.

I did basically the same thing on my motorhome- 1 3/4" header primaries into two 2 1/2" headpipes, I used a Y to go to a single 3" exhaust, but I put TWO Flowmaster 50 series mufflers in tandem, one feeding the other. It is quiet, no resonance, and it sounds great at W.O.T.

I think I'm going to run 4 mufflers on the dual exhaust on my Coupe, I like it so much.

Wait for it to break in.  They get loud.  I had to add glass packs as well to kill down some of the sound.

how does it sound now? I have a feeling that if this gets any louder at 1800-2000 rpms i might be doing the same thing. I really like the sound now though outside and dont want to tone it down too much.

Archived