SS dyno question

NateZ

So Bryan is havin a hard time gettin my WOT a/f were it needs to be with narrowband, he says either my o2's are off a bit or the tune isn't loading right. So he suggested i should hit a dyno and get some wideband readings... There are NO 4wd dynos around, not even in the state of fl that i know of. There is a 2wd dyno about 15 min from me, can i safely unbolt the front driveshaft to do 3-4 runs or what? what do i do??

Nate

I meant talk to him. He has done more than anyone on here, I believe. I don't think he has suffered any ill effects from it. Others have done it also. I think you'd be safe with a few runs, just by what others have done.

The bigger problem you face is getting it tuned while on the dyno, unless you plan to do that yourself. Dyno time is expensive. You would be lucky to find someone that can tune it for you, if you're not that experienced at it.

Why couldn't you just pickup a wideband and check it that way? It would be almost as much. Just a suggestion.

This is the one I have. If he has the same one, you could email the files back to him. Or, at a minimum, do a screen shot of your graphs, paste into word, then email it to him.

LM-1 wideband

This is the in-car a/f gauge I was referring to in your other thread:

a/f gauge

Remember, I said it was expensive. Without a doubt, the most accurate type.

Yea i think bryan just wants to see were the A/F is at the moment, to tell him what to do with it i think? i dunno i will talk to him on monday or somethin and see what he says. he's the man.

Nate

Nope, no pinging, he was having trouble getting enough fuel in at WOT, but it looks like his last tune hit it right on the head. I am still going to take it to the dyno this week to make sure it's right per his suggestion.

Nate

Bottle (yeah, that's his 'name') @ Titan Motorsports told me they have access to, and can set you up on an AWD dyno here in Orlando. 

Titan Motorsports

407-277-8423

ouch orlando, thats like 3 hours.....

Nate

I know :dunno: Next closest one I found is in Tampa and it's a dynopak which has had problems on our trucks (can't load it up properly)

I know  :dunno:   Next closest one I found is in Tampa and it's a dynopak which has had problems on our trucks (can't load it up properly)

Erik - where did you get that data? Was it a SS, or just another 4WD truck?

Chris @ APE tried their shop truck (03 SSS) on a dynopak and was unable to get reliable readings. He said the computer couldn't handle the viscous coupler and couldn't load it up properly. :dunno:

Archived