Going to kill myself

bsteff

Sorry to hear about the accident , Sounds like you guys need the same mod that i just installed on my Tahoe, Backup sensors !!

Backstopper #CA-5004 from Amazon.com for $49.99

It has 4 sensors that you can mount wherever you want and it works really well, it comes with a readout that shows how many feet you are from a object before you hit it.

I wouldnt say that it is "fool proof" but it is nice to have

To get the new SS in the garage, I had to move about 200 lbs of antique tractor parts out of the way and had my son help out. Most went on an overhead shelf in the middle of the garage. After parking the SS, I pushed on a hood bolt sticking down through a slat in the shelves. Teenagers are not real smart about not creating unstable loads. Not much fun standing there helplessly as sheet metal rains down on your vehicle. :banghead: Is it true the most dangerous place for your truck is in your own garage?

Had a pretty lame experience myself today. Me and a buddy went for burritos near Boston. We have to park in a crappy parking garage that designed for cars no bigger than VWs. So I usually take up 2 spots, nobody ever minds. But today I was backing in and I hit a support post dead on. There was a woman walking by and she almost shit herself when she heard the crunch. The thing that bothers me is I totally knew it was there. So I just stuck my head out the window and said to here 'hey, at least it wasnt another car.' I was suprised how easy going I was. So she checked out the back bumper for me and said no damage at all. I had to look for myself obviosly so I parked then went to check it out. No dents, no scrapes.. nothing at all. I couldn't believe it. It seems like the shock or whatever in the left side of the bumper compressed a little, but no more than 1/4". Is there a way to pull it back out? Or should I not even worry about it. At this point I'm just relieved that I didnt install that rollpan, or else I would be shopping in tailgate city right now.

Archived