MERCEDES CLK 320

dros44

while we're on the subject of hp, whats with chevy having such poor outputs? i like chevys and all but 345 and 380 from 6.0? 5.7 hemi has the same power and 5.6 nissan has same torque. i just read about the new hemi, 6.1L and 425 hp..what gives? <3 :chevy::flag:

not all chevy has poor output, we get our peak horsepower and torque at a lower rpm than the hemi engine. Thus they have to rev higher to get the 345 and 375 at the flywheel. Look at a honda, you can have a 2.0L engine with 240 bhp and get your power at 8500 rpm. But with the larger motor we get more low end torque, which is great for towing and off line power. I don't think GM is making low efficiency engines, the 6.0L was supposed to have 395 bhp at one time, but detuned by GM. I think GM also lowers the potential of the 6.0L for insurance reasons similarily to the muscle car days. The hemi is not a bad engine, but it also matters how much bhp and torque get to the rear wheels. I heard dodges tranny robs quite a bit of power from the truck.

Archived