The Best Oil Filter With Synthetic Oil????

rmcswain

I was looking into the same thing. Here's what my research found out.

Three of the top filters have slightly different characteristics. They are:

Mobile 1 (good filtration but somewhat restrictive)

Amsoil filter (high volume flow but not quite as good filtration)

K&N filter (also high volume but not as good in filtration)

The article went on to say that if you take your vehicle to the track or drive it hard then Amsoil and K&N would be good choices because oil is able to flow through the filter more easily. . If you drive it hard only occasionally then the Mobile 1 is better for your driving style.

The amsoil dual filter system is a very great buy for you motor. :thumbs: If anyone is interested in amsoil my supervisor at work is actually a distributor and I can get the systems at just a few bucks over cost. The dual filter systems are great because you just add oil to the system and replace the filters once a year. The amsoil system pays for itself in the first year by you saving money in oil changes every 3000-5000mi. If any one wants more info on amsoil just let me know. :thumbs:

Can one just go from conventional oil to synthetic?

Also what happens if you go synthetic can you go back to conventional without doing anything special? Sorry seems like a lame question but the mixing of the two just doesn't seem right.

If you go with amsoil, they sell an engine flush that they rec. when you shift over. You don't have to do obviously. It's a really good product nonetheless, even if you aren't shifting over. You would be surprised at the black that comes out of your engine when you flush it. I do it every 25k when I change my oil. You can find it on their website for about $6, or so. I think it's good for everyone to do, and once you see, you'll always want to do.

Q: Is there a recommended procedure for changing to AMSOIL Motor Oils?

A: There are no special requirements; however, in older vehicles or those with high mileage, it may be advisable to use AMSOIL Engine Flush first. This will ensure that the engine is clean and free of any accumulated contaminants which might have an effect on the service life of AMSOIL Motor Oils. In all cases, it is good judgement to install a new AMSOIL Super Duty Full-Flow Oil Filter (SDF) every time you change oil.

That is off the amsoil webiste.. I use amsoil in my tahoe and also use the Super Duty Oil Filter.. I swapped at like 79k and didnt use a flush.. and everything seems to be running fine but who knows?? Its gonna be traded in one day on a SS so oh well :)

• 1 month later...

Archived