WOW 2006 F-150 Harley

Dr Mike

I think the first H.D. F-150 came out in 2001 right? That was the release of the supercrew HD. Then in 2002-2003 they supercharged it.

Hopefully only 2006 will be a N/A release with a blown version to follow. Although it would've been better, imo, to just continue with the charged version on the new body.

This harley truck doesn't look bad, the 22s are decent and the stylin is alright in my opinion, the interior is just like any f150 with minor changes. Its sorta bland. The motor is the same too, just like a reg f150 or even that lincoln truck, its sorta brutal, considering the last generation harley f150 had a supercharged 5.4 and could walk over this thing. The 4x2 and the awd option though is a step in the right direction though. One thing that bugs me of these trucks is how they look a bit unporportional, the ext cab is so small, it doesn't look good.

Pros:

Console shifter

22" wheels

AWD option

Cons:

Supercab: No crewcab

Naturally Aspirated: No supercharger

I think Ford has missed the mark with this truck as you don't see many of the original 2001 Harley trucks out on the road. When Ford went to the crewcab in 2002/2003 they were hot sellers and even a waiting list in some markets. I see the crewcabs all the time and know 3 friends who own them. They all own Harleys as well and use the trucks to tow their trailers to Sturgis, Daytona, etc. They usually have 2 bikes, 2 couples, when they go to these events. Makes sense to have a crewcab. Ford & Harley have used great marketing strategy and have benefited from their alliance. I think most Harley truck owners will just keep what they have and wait for a new supercharged crewcab.

Maybe Ford has adopted the Harley slogan, (metric riders will love this) "Backwards into the Future" :devil:

No flames I own a 2001 Electra-Glide.

To me, it's not that bad on the outside, but overall, like others here have said, kinda disappointing.

And the F*rd guys must be smarting over no SC for the forseeable future - it'll be fun to walk all over one even w/ my stock SSS, if I ever get the opportunity around here. :chevy:

Archived