Talked to Service Manager my dealer

Yesterday I spoke with the service manager at our local dealer about the little bit of front end noise when you turn. First off I asked him if they have ever worked on any SS there in their shop. It is a fairly large Chevy dealer in Joplin, MO. He said yes, and then I asked if they have ever had to work on an SS for problems with noise in the front end. He said yes. I told him that mine makes a slight rubbing, not grinding sound when you turn into a parking lot or make a sharp turn doing 15-25 mph. He told me that there is a valve in there that changes the amount of pressure in the differential. He said it is a pretty easy fix and it's not that big of a deal. I have 24,000 miles on my truck. I told him that and he said that if it was him, he'd keep driving it for a while to see if it gets worse or not. He said if it gets worse, to bring it in ASAP. Otherwise bring it in around 30,000 and they'd fix it before the warranty is up. They said that the noise when turning is common and it's not really a something to worrry about. It's understandable, just turn into a parking lot with a pickup with 4 Hi locked in.

Brian

From my understanding it was a valve of some sort that they said they can change. 

I believe that JIM7  is going to give them a call and see what they are talking about.  Once he talks to him, he is probably one to ask what exactly they're talking about.

Brian

I'd sure like to know!!!

I've been trying for a year and a half :ughdance: to at least have them take a look at it.

Service Manager has been in contact with GM Tech line almost every month(because I haggle them every month) and getting :puke: NO Cooperation.

GM Canada will do nothing about it, it;s normal.

If i'd be driving a 10K Cavalier I'd put up with it, but at 48K Canadian I expect more than GM's were perfect attitude...

You'd surely make a lot of happy :flag: campers If you can post what they do to correct your noise

Dr Mike :sick:

Archived