Stat ???

I just got my 160* stat in today an want to install it, but i was wondering if everyone did it themselves or not, i heard if you dont use an airlift then it can create a bubble in your airline not letting it go down to 160* (not really hurting your engine though) i was wondering if everyone used a device like this or just put it on in and had no problems?????

~Steven

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Broke the bolt and had to take it to a shop and have it drilled out. I tried for hours without success on it. Mine runs at 180 too. Zippy said it was because of the sensor location.

the gauge is not anywhere near accurate aswell, i have been loging, and it will say 210 on the gauge, and actualy i will be 190...

my problems where that after the install the truck got real hot, then i shut it off, and it strted working. i have heard that if you drill a hole in the stat, you should not have an iair bubble problem.

Every stat that I have put in came with a specific set of instructions to get the air out. Follow it to a tee and you will not have problems.

Also, your gauge can be off either way. Mine is not accurate either, but close.

Archived