what do you clean the windshield with???

fox_forma

ANy ideas why the center of the windshield is clear and doesn;t have the haze. Its basically clear where the wipers overlap each other but hazey everywhere else. Thats what has me confused. Someone said its because the windshield bends out more in the middle so theres more pressure on it to clean it better. I will try that other stuff once I can get out to go get it, but I doubt it will solve me problem but ya never know

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've know body shops to use a "real fine" steel wool to clean windshields. They say it doesn't scratch them. Contact them and see what they say.

DISCLAIMER! DON'T DO THIS WITHOUT EXPERT ADVISE! (which I am not!)

I may just go ask the dealer. I figure when i bought it, it didn;t do it so obviously they know something I dont.

Still No answer on why it would be clear in the center but crappy everywhere else?

If it still leaves residue in the rain buy a new windshield lol it doesnt rain alot in So. Cal

It doesn't??? Where have you been the past few months? :yellow_loser:

Still not the 55-75" avg a year that most of FL gets. You guys just don't know what to compare it to.

Got almost 10" here, just Thursday.

i use the rain x wipes. if you just wipe the windows and not get any on the paint then it wont hurt it that is if your not a clutz and get it all over everything. i have a custom paint job and it doesn't hurt my paint. and i have used it for years i put it on once a month also

if rainx messed up the paint on cars i dont think they would sell the product

i use the rain x wipes.    if you just wipe the windows and not get any on the paint then it wont hurt it that is if your not a clutz and get it all over everything.  i have a custom paint job and it doesn't hurt my paint.  and i have used it for years  i put it on once a month also

if rainx messed up the paint on cars i dont think they would sell the product

i agree with matt

***DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL ON A WINDSHIELD**

While you may not notice the scratches during the day.....you WILL notice them at night when a car passes you!!!

Dont think I have to worry about that, when a car passes me as night in the rain I cant see anything to begin with.

I will stay away from it anyways.

Archived